If you are fed up...

SempiternalVillain

He used to have a direct line to the fans - General Krulak. He pulled the plug on that when the heat was being felt.

There is saying though: "Don't ask, don't get" so if you feel strongly about it, voice it, loudly or you will never get heard. There is a tendency in life that we generally get what we deserve, so if we are apathetic about how the club is run then maybe it's time to take a good look at yourself. Same goes for Randy, is he serious or is Villa an indulgent dinner table badge of honour? I now think the latter.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 4

There is little protest against Lerner because he followed Ellis. Same with Lambert following McLeish.

That is a simplistic way of analysing things but I think it's close to the truth as all you'd get is the media saying "look at all those fickle villa fans once again protesting against their manager/owner."

The reality is we're now at the same level we were in the final 18 months of Doug. League position, quality of squad etc.

The only way you can effectively protest now is by being smart about it... What is a football club without its fans? Pretty much Nothing, is the answer. So, the way to protest here is to simply not turn up for games, or do what some fans did in Sweden (I think it was?) and just sit in silence for a few minutes before going back to supporting the team.

People will say that it's a bad idea and we need to support the players, blah blah, but the fact is, they are being supported, and we are getting **** all back for it. They get to go home to their mansions, sports cars and 5-figure weekly wages at the end of the game...we get to be miserable, mugged off and out of pocket, still searching for a little bit of joy away from normal life.

God I hate football now.

Edited by Tayls

The only way you can effectively protest now is by being smart about it... What is a football club without its fans? Pretty much Nothing, is the answer. So, the way to protest here is to simply not turn up for games, or do what some fans did in Sweden (I think it was?) and just sit in silence for a few minutes before going back to supporting the team.

People will say that it's a bad idea and we need to support the players, blah blah, but the fact is, they are being supported, and we are getting **** all back for it.

Ah yes the 15 minutes silence…we are Villa fans and not that stupid ;)

People will say that it's a bad idea and we need to support the players, blah blah, but the fact is, they are being supported, and we are getting **** all back for it.

Ah yes the 15 minutes silence…we are Villa fans and not that stupid ;)

I think it would have an impact.... That way you can stil be at a game with your hot dog or chips, taking in the shite football, but will be making a statement at the same time....

despite all the sensible arguments about the owner. I still think the bits that relate to us are all down to the manager.

The managers have a difficult task, whether its Moyes or Wenger, whether its Bruce or Poyet....but you have to deal with it.

Ron Saunders had years of demise before him, but he brought in people who could scout and develop on the training ground....Thats what managers get well paid for doing.

I'm sorry guys, but like you I don't want to see managers changing every five minutes...... but when i look for reasons why we are in this mess, I look at Newcastle who have an owner I despise, but A manager who has risen above adversity and signed good players... say no more.

don't even want to mention Everton, With a good Owner, with no money.

LOOK trust me when i tell you this............its all down to the Manager.

There is no reason why a protest should work.

But it is all we have. My opinion is that Aston Villa barley enters lerners head anymore. What we need to do is make being the owner of Aston Villa a pain in the arse, a hassle, an irritation - I won't profess to know how - but what we do know is that Randy dislikes the limelight - if his name is dragged through the mud - it might think its more trouble than its worth.... 

I think it would have an impact.... That way you can stil be at a game with your hot dog or chips, taking in the shite football, but will be making a statement at the same time....

The cynic in me just say that Lerner gets his money anyway...

But after a couple of times, that's when people should stop turning up to the games...or just protest outside on the match day. No fans coming into the ground for games SHOULD suggest to an owner that something isn't right...even Randy should realise it.

I don't know. I'm saying this stuff but the most i would do is say crap on a forum. I've only been to 5 home, and 2 away games this season. I'm thinking I don't really want to spend much more on Villa games as I always tend to come home in a bad mood. All I know is that Randy is useless.

Edited by Tayls

Explain ?

Explain ?

What is to explain?..if you all go the money is there anyway…Lerner don't care if you sing, he cares if you buy tickets...

despite all the sensible arguments about the owner. I still think the bits that relate to us are all down to the manager.

The managers have a difficult task, whether its Moyes or Wenger, whether its Bruce or Poyet....but you have to deal with it.

Ron Saunders had years of demise before him, but he brought in people who could scout and develop on the training ground....Thats what managers get well paid for doing.

I'm sorry guys, but like you I don't want to see managers changing every five minutes...... but when i look for reasons why we are in this mess, I look at Newcastle who have an owner I despise, but A manager who has risen above adversity and signed good players... say no more.

don't even want to mention Everton, With a good Owner, with no money.

LOOK trust me when i tell you this............its all down to the Manager.

That last sentence is quite a bold statement.

Pardew has been backed with decent fees and wages Newcastle. Everton have had ten years stability after nearly getting relegated in Moyes's second (?) season.

While it's difficult to defend Lambert at the moment I can't agree that it's all his fault.

Â