The R word

villanwesty88

People keep saying that Lerner needs to spend more and offer more wages...but the fact is simple, as a club, we cannot afford to. We've lost tens of millions of pounds every year for about 5 years.

Crowd levels are still lower than the MON era, shirts sales were down last year, possibly not as high as the NIKE days either even now. If we want to start competing with some of te London clubs, we need to start charging the same for tickets and shirts etc.

We can spend £100m in transfers fees and offer £50k a week in wages for players, but we will just constantly be having money pumped into us to keep us afloat. Why should Lerner do that? Te only owners that do are the Middle Eastern Sheikhs who have bottomless oil riches.

Lerner is a business man, not an idiot. I love Villa, but I'm struggling to justify spending money on tickets with the current rubbish, I can't imagine wanting to throw my millions at it consistently to keep it afloat.

I think we'll go down on current form, we've been awful for a while now, good results have just papered over the cracks.

#Lambertout

Are you mad? If we charged London prices we would be getting barely 25,000 in at Villa. Which we might get next season if we carry on playing this shit.
You've kind of missed my point. My point being that we can't compete with the revenues these other clubs bring in.

We've had 3 years worried about relegation and this could be the 4th consecutive one. Use our revenue compared to other teams and try and defend that.

I don't think ticket and shirt sales really matter in the scheme of things. We make more on the sponsors of the shirt and fee for making it.

Ticket sales obviously increase revenue but tv revenue far outweigh that.

Staying in this league is the single most important thing for the finances of this club

I really haven't go a clue whether we will go down or not. But the fact that we are talking about it AGAIN after last years debacle is ******* depressing. Looking at the next few months it is hard to see where this squad are going to get any results.

The excitement of the play-offs/fighting for an automatic promotion would be much more exciting than anything else we've experienced in the last ten years at least! :D

Just trying to put a positive spin on our inevitable doom, don't crucify me. 

Edited by myko
  • Like 1

The excitement of the play-offs/fighting for an automatic promotion would be much more exciting than anything else we've experienced in the last ten years at least! :D

Just trying to put a positive spin on our inevitable doom, don't crucify me.

I agree

When Lerner bought the club I thought a season like DOL'S final one would never be seen again.

Yet here we are looking at the 3rd consecutive one worse than it.

and last year Benteke was hungry, this year he showed that he couldn't care less…Im really worried now Randy

We are in a worse state than ever before in our Premier League era.

We are playing awful football thas is beyond belief.

Our stats are as bad as anything I've ever seen from any PL team in terms of possession, pass accuracy etc etc.

Our home record is abysmal.

We cant score

We cant defend.

Our signing have been shite.

We have no young stars coming through.

Our only class player is out of form.

Everything is getting worse.

I defy anyone to give me one reason, just one, why Lambert should be in the job come tomorrow morning.

Last season we played a hell of a lot better than this season but couldn't hold on to winning positions, that's why we were close to going down

This season, other than the opening day win v Arsenal where we played really well and the Chelsea defeat where we deserved a point we have been **** awful, winning for us seems to be by fluke, would we have beat Cardiff had bacuna not scored a worldy free kick? Beating soton with a 100% shot conversion rate, man city with an offside goal and another bacuna worldy

I'm depressed tonight, not just because we've lost but because the manager i wanted here, the manager who i thought would do a good job is not the manager i thought he would be, but what's depressing me more is the pre season hope, the performances in the first few games and towards the end of last season had made me feel optimistic that things were going to change, optimism that now feels misplaced and then had a **** sledge hammer smashed through it.

• Like 1

Our stats are as bad as anything I've ever seen from any PL team in terms of possession, pass accuracy etc etc.

We cant score

We cant defend.

I defy anyone to give me one reason, just one, why Lambert should be in the job come tomorrow morning.

Because even if we replace him with another manager, it isn't going to get much better than it is now with Faulkner and Lerner still calling the shots.

• Like 1

We cant score

We cant defend.

This.

When you can't score or defend, and we can't, you can't gain enough points to survive. If not for a few very fortunate results we'd already be entrenched in the bottom 3, and unless something drastic changes it's only a matter of time.

Believe it or not but there are other poor teams in this league....

Cardiff are in mutiny and it's beginning to show on the pitch, West Ham last won last season I think, if West Brom don't appojnt a good manager they'll go close to relegation.

I actually think even though some seem to think Newcastle have some amazing squad they're in really danger of going down. A team that does little away and relys on its home form lost at home to Fulham today. They've still go to play the two Man.chester clubs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs all at home between now and the end of the season, that's a tough run.

I accept we're terrible aswell but even after this horror run we're still only comically two points off 10th place. Anyone from Stoke onwards could feasibily go down.

I don't think we'll go down. I think when Benteke and Vlaar return we'll start winning some games again similar to the back-end of last season. 

We'll always pull a few surprising results out the bag and probably finish about 15th. 

Edited by PieFacE

We cant score

We cant defend.

because we have another game coming so quickly