The R word

villanwesty88

Sorry but the time has come for this thread. I think we are well and truly in a relegation battle AGAIN. Very lucky to be outside of the bottom 3 and it's getting really tight at the bottom. Where is the fight in this side? This is the worst spell of watching Villa since I've been following them. 

We are one of the most famous clubs, not just in English football, and the players look like they couldn't give a flying **** about wearing the shirt. Pathetic. These players need to take a long hard look in the mirror. 

How has our club fallen so far? 

I said it last year about this year and I still think the same. If we are in a relegation battle come March or April I would rather we went down. Every year for the last 3 we scrape by with little or no improvement. Dropping down to come back up (which I know is very difficult before people start)my be the boot up the rear we need.

Edited by limvillian

3 points off the relegation zone, 6 points off bottom place. My optimism levels are depleted, our squad is not good enough to compete in this league. It makes me sad to say it again but rebuilding from the bottom up whilst trying to be competitive at this level is extremely difficult and unless we turn things around quickly we're going to be in big trouble.

I'm not sure who is advising Randy but if we do go down we'll be financially stung and it'll be difficult to get back up again.

This Christmas period contained some important games against Stoke, Fulham and Palace - we've lost them all. I can see us losing to Swansea and Sunderland if I am honest, followed by Arsenal, Liverpool, the Baggies at home and Everton. We could end up going up to 10 losses in a row at this rate.

We need to invest in some quality in January before it is too late, but do I think that will happen? No, not at all, we've been told we'll make one loan signing IF we are able to afford that. Dark times await for us lot at this rate....

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

There's an increasing stench of relegation about us. In the Houllier January window we spent big and it sorted us out. We won't be spending much this January.

If we build a squad for 40m, we certainly won't be spending much on top ups.

Relegation is a certainty the way were playing atm and that is all down to Lamebert and the rubbish he's signed

We probably could have done a little better, if we had a bigger wage budget and a transfer budget where we could compete with Southampton and others who can splash out 10m on ready made players.
  • Like 1

Relegation a certainty ? There's half a season left

Relegation is a certainty the way were playing atm and that is all down to Lamebert and the rubbish he's signed

We probably could have done a little better, if we had a bigger wage budget and a transfer budget where we could compete with Southampton and others who can splash out 10m on ready made players.
keep your sig

There's an increasing stench of relegation about us. In the Houllier January window we spent big and it sorted us out. We won't be spending much this January.

I think Lerner spent big as relegation was unthinkable with the overheads at the time. Our current overheads are closer to Championship level.

I've taken a back seat with the way we've played over the last couple seasons and thought "it's only football", but today, it's really wound me up. These bastards are never worth the money they're paid. 

We're Aston Villa ffs! ASTON VILLA! The biggest club in the 2nd biggest city in the UK and we are woeful. We have some of the best fans, facilities and history - that's all Premier League. The side is Championship level and the attitude is what really gets me - that's Vauxhall **** conference. 

Off to stuff my face with mince pies and rum.

I think Lerner spent big as relegation was unthinkable with the overheads at the time. Our current overheads are closer to Championship level.

Thing is, our club will be worth a lot less if we were to go down, our attendances would drop, we'd make less money from sponsorships, ticket prices and of course the TV money.

Lerner has played a dangerous game and our club could be ruined by it.

We could have messi playing for us and he'd fail to score the way the current manager has us playing