• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Agbonlahor
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Bacuna (for Luna 67)
    • Bowery (for Kozák 77)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 87)

Our football club has no football identity, we have gone from the nations 2nd favourite team to people laughing at the state of our team. We need a young manager with a footballing philosophy & Lerner to back him with at least 30m +money from sale of benteke

Would be lucky to get half that for Benteke the way he's playing atm (or not as the case is now as he's injured). Will probably keep getting injured too now as that would some up Villas luck recently.

Our football club has no football identity, we have gone from the nations 2nd favourite team to people laughing at the state of our team. We need a young manager with a footballing philosophy & Lerner to back him with at least 30m +money from sale of benteke

we all thought we had one.

The job is simply too big, for a relatively inexperienced manager..... also the gap between manager and Owner/CEO seems like a chasm to me... too many things need fixing.

This manager needed an experienced old head i.e director of football...some one he could sit down with and plan strategy.... someone who could help him, get and essential ingredient in to the club " a top class scout" and "well connected" man.... we desperately need some footballing experience to come in to this club right now.

Their are too many big decisions left to inexperienced individuals who are looking "out of their depth"

ps Not an advocate of DOF's in principle, but If Lambert stays....he needs some big help.

Edited by TRO

Would be lucky to get half that for Benteke the way he's playing atm (or not as the case is now as he's injured). Will probably keep getting injured too now as that would some up Villas luck recently.

Athletico will get about 35-40m for costa, we can Squeeze 25m out of them.

10m de bruyne, kpb 10m ince 5m

I remember when MON was in charge didn't he always have a month that he never won a game in for us? March maybe?

If Lambert stays December seems to be it or at least the month where we get our arse kicked.

I'm still shocked that we're only one win away from 10th...

It almost makes it harder to swallow because if we'd of kept at least some half-decent for going we'd be in a very respectable position now :/

I remember when MON was in charge didn't he always have a month that he never won a game in for us? March maybe?

If Lambert stays December seems to be it or at least the month where we get our arse kicked.

I'm still shocked that we're only one win away from 10th...

It almost makes it harder to swallow because if we'd of kept at least some half-decent for going we'd be in a very respectable position now :/

Villa always mess up the chance to move up table

• Like 1

It doesn't work like that though.

Benteke - £40k a week off the wage bill for the next three years and £25m = £31m

De Bruyne £10m + £60k a week for four years = £22m

There's not enough left for either of the other two.

It doesn't work like that though.

Benteke - £40k a week off the wage bill for the next three years and £25m = £31m

De Bruyne £10m + £60k a week for four years = £22m

There's not enough left for either of the other two.

The bomb squads wages are about 12m a year, I'm sure that could cover some quality players

Lambert has spent money though, it's not like he's had nothing.

I was concerned about Lambert right from the off, we were losing games with his new kids, even though we had experienced players in the squad. I understood that they didn't fit in with his philosophy and also within his targets of cutting the wage bill, so wanted them out, but surely he should have made use of them while he had them? Even just to put them in the shop window. Of course the decision to swap Given for Guzan was the right one.

N'Zogbia has been poor for us, but come on, he is a decent player on his day, so why can't he get near the squad?! Don't give me the attitude line, every football player these days has an attitude. Redknapp dealt with lots of them at Spurs. We dumped Collins and Dunne (both of whom were capable of dropping many, many bollucks) who were decent, experienced defenders, to rely on Clark and Baker to play with Vlaar. He then replaced them both a season later by bringing in Okore. Problem is with making a poor starter your backup, is that one day, you will have to rely on that back up to play...as 1 defender, Clark mixed with Baker would excellent, Baker's strength with Clarks defensive thought...as 2 separate players they are awful.

Ostracising players never works out well, especially when you don't have players good enough to deputise.

He has to go, I'm certain we can't bear Swansea...even if we do, it will paper over the cracks.

So much wrong with your post I don't know where to begin.

• Like 1

Difficult to know what to type really without sounding sensationalist, even after sleeping on the matter at hand that was a fourth straight defeat... yet another no-show at home etc. Remarkable then that we are still 13th... and just 3 points off tenth. That's a double edged sword in my book. It's nice and close so that if by some act of magic we suddenly turn the corner, we can see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel at the tope end of the table. However, because it is so tight, we sit just 3 points above 'the zone.' All of a sudden, that Swansea game tomorrow looks very 'loseable.'

My concern is, it has been well trumpeted just how difficult our opening fixtures were, and what a remarkable outcome we had at the start. Suddenly, our 'easy' ne 'winnable' fixtures came and we blew it. Failing to beat teams that had been bottom of the league (that Sunderland game) and especially our long standing difficulties at home continued. Normally, United at home is almost written off as a dead rubber, but them having lost two home games on the spin, suddenly we had our best chance in years to beat them. In fact, we made United look World Class again...  We flunked at Fulham, flunked at Stoke...  In amongst all that was a horror show first half at Albion, with a remarkable fight back in the second... You see, there is a team in there somewhere... 

But then the Palace game. I had seen it coming for a few weeks that this would be a pivotal game for them as a club/team, and us as a fan base.

Yet another home fixture tossed away... a winnable one too. We showed a total lack of creativity/quality, a lack of movement (not for the first time, were the players REALLY trying?) and it felt like nobody was really playing as a team. Bowery for Kozak... Guzan the hero... Crowd still singing... even though a draw wouldn't be enough. Four minutes of added time... where the **** from? Then Dwight Gayle teaches us a lesson in counter attacking jazz. 0-1 then, full time, and it became predictably nasty as Lambert lost the Holte... and the North. I booed... Sorry... I booed and cursed. Nearly made myself ill. Yes, it hurts to lose a game at the death. But yesterday was the culmination of a long running trend in this team. We were playing rubbish long before this result. We are not progressing any more. I'll park that there.

I said to my mate before the game that I felt a little sorry for Lambert. A win would be met with 'and so you should beat Palace' and that it would simply paper over our recent (and seemingly long term) cracks. A draw would not really be met with anything other than a round of frustrated Boxing Day boos... unless we came back from 2-0 down or something. Even then, that would paper over the crack again... And defeat, gosh, the spectre of defeat would be the point at which the fans would turn. And so it seems to have transpired.

Okay, enough procrastination...

MOM - Guzan by a country mile. Kept the score down. We didn't really deserve anything but misery from that game. Super Brad... Nailed on player of the season for me. That tells you all you need to know about where we are right now as a club. The goalkeeper is our star.

I turned my back on Eck after the Swansea game in 11-12 nearly gave me a heart attack. Paul - please, prove me wrong. FFS, prove me wrong. I fear you are running out of time.

• Like 1

There's absolutely no chance either of them will be joining Villa, even if they were mysteriously given free transfers.

Far too good for the standard of the rest of the squad, far too expensive in wages, and sufficiently in demand to not have to lower themselves in either category.

Lambert has spent money though, it's not like he's had nothing.

I was concerned about Lambert right from the off, we were losing games with his new kids, even though we had experienced players in the squad. I understood that they didn't fit in with his philosophy and also within his targets of cutting the wage bill, so wanted them out, but surely he should have made use of them while he had them? Even just to put them in the shop window. Of course the decision to swap Given for Guzan was the right one.

N'Zogbia has been poor for us, but come on, he is a decent player on his day, so why can't he get near the squad?! Don't give me the attitude line, every football player these days has an attitude. Redknapp dealt with lots of them at Spurs. We dumped Collins and Dunne (both of whom were capable of dropping many, many bollucks) who were decent, experienced defenders, to rely on Clark and Baker to play with Vlaar. He then replaced them both a season later by bringing in Okore. Problem is with making a poor starter your backup, is that one day, you will have to rely on that back up to play...as 1 defender, Clark mixed with Baker would excellent, Baker's strength with Clarks defensive thought...as 2 separate players they are awful.

Ostracising players never works out well, especially when you don't have players good enough to deputise.

He has to go, I'm certain we can't bear Swansea...even if we do, it will paper over the cracks.

So much wrong with your post I don't know where to begin.

I made a mistake regarding N'Zogbia and his injury, the rest is opinion, an opinion that is currently shared by a lot of people.

You can't be really be 'wrong' with an opinion...disagree with my opinion by all means,

Lambert isn't cutting the mustard (opinion), most of his players (in my opinion) are poor. I don't see him turning this around (that's another opinion)...

But let's just sit and argue because we are all annoyed that we are terrible.

Sickening.  Reminds me of the Wigan game last year, funnily enough at a similar point in the season.  Difference is there's a despondent hopelessness about it all this time around.  If Lambert goes I wouldn't have any feelings either way.  I know it's not the answer, but at least it would feel like someone cares enough to do something about it.  Who could do better?  I could.  

Brace yourselves people, relegation beckons.

Villa 0 - 3 Swansea is my prediction for Saturday, with a managerless club playing against Sunderland midweek.

Â