What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Wheres that?

I'm guessing black country by the cobs?! 

19 minutes ago, trekka said:

Quick Google tells me Caunsall, Kidderminster :D

0_the-anchor.jpg

As Trekka says, heres a link, great beers, ciders, cobs, pork pies, pickles etc 

Well worth finding for if out on an afternoon drive and fancy an old school country pub which seems unaffected by time. I'm no anchor expert but I think it's been in the same family for over 50/60 years.

The beef cob is outstanding, never varies, same every time without fail.

One change though, there used to be a little nook with jars of everything, chutneys, horseradish, mustards all that stuff but lockdown restrictions meant they switched to satchets, no chutneys anymore so take your own.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g528783-d5454258-Reviews-The_Anchor_Inn-Kidderminster_Worcestershire_England.html

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Thanks 1

This other half is in Liverpool on a hen party so I'm chilling with the cats ready to attack the chippy. 

Going for a chicken kebab wrap, small fish and chips and a battered Mars bar. Unfortunately the best chippy in Wrexham is run by the elder generation and don't do deliveries or open at the most convenient of hours so it's on to one of the others that is decent. I'll upload pics later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

This other half is in Liverpool on a hen party so I'm chilling with the cats ready to attack the chippy. 

Going for a chicken kebab wrap, small fish and chips and a battered Mars bar. Unfortunately the best chippy in Wrexham is run by the elder generation and don't do deliveries or open at the most convenient of hours so it's on to one of the others that is decent. I'll upload pics later.

Not sure if they had staffing issues or something but the place wasn't taking orders tonight. Gutted. Decided to save the chippy for another night. The Mrs is on the train home from Liverpool and is craving Maccies so who am I to turn down a free McDonald's instead? 

Crisp sandwich.

White bread (up yer shaft haters), lurpak on one side, thin layer of horseradish sauce and the same of English mustard on the other side, dash of black pepper, flame grilled steak McCoys (ridge cut).

Outstanding.

Need a richer beefy tasting crisp for the next time though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Crisp sandwich.

White bread (up yer shaft haters), lurpak on one side, thin layer of horseradish sauce and the same of English mustard on the other side, dash of black pepper, flame grilled steak McCoys (ridge cut).

Outstanding.

M&S Beef Wellington crisps

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Crisp sandwich.

Outstanding.

Royster's steak bubble crisps, that aren't as crunchy but full of flavour

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2021 at 20:25, It's Your Round said:

Chicken Pathia, with cumin/paprika/coriander roasted cauliflower, spinach and lots of Kashmiri chillis. It’s got a lovely hot, sweet and sour taste to it. Just wish my missus would hurry home from work so we can eat it! (I’ve already been eating it 🤫)

D57A8F61-9D75-4EEB-B23D-F4981D22A4D8.jpeg

Cumin....cum-in....gerritt ?? 

Oh...cum-on !!🙄

Screenshot_20211028-112123_Twitter.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

At the in laws for Sunday dinner so get some proper authentic German food, today was gefullte klose

Its mince and diced liver in the middle of a ball that is part mash potato part dumpling mix, boiled, then served covered in melted butter and with a dish of home made apple sauce on the side (a huge dish) 

Would say its the first German food I didn't like, the butter did nothing for me, just a plate full of fat and stodge 

The photo I had to get from Google and there aren't many of them

gefuellte-kloesse.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

At the in laws for Sunday dinner so get some proper authentic German food, today was gefullte klose

Its mince and diced liver in the middle of a ball that is part mash potato part dumpling mix, boiled, then served covered in melted butter and with a dish of home made apple sauce on the side (a huge dish) 

Would say its the first German food I didn't like, the butter did nothing for me, just a plate full of fat and stodge 

The photo I had to get from Google and there aren't many of them

gefuellte-kloesse.jpg

Called pyzy in Poland.

German and Polish food asre identical really.

Unfortunately no pierogi here

Wouldn't be surprised given the history, I definitley ate haxe in krakow 

What are they like for stollen? Seeing as that's from dresden, sure I also ate leibkucken in Poland but it was hearts with plum whereas Germans use apricot 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Unfortunately no pierogi here

Wouldn't be surprised given the history, I definitley ate haxe in krakow 

What are they like for stollen? Seeing as that's from dresden, sure I also ate leibkucken in Poland but it was hearts with plum whereas Germans use apricot 

Poland is a proper crossroads. Half German-y and half pure Slavic. 

Stollen is in the shops but there isn’t a polish equivalent 

• Like 1

Â