What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Today’s lunch leftovers special is a chicken and stuffing sandwich with a couple of roast potatoes and half a Yorkshire pudding squeezed on. Covered in mayonnaise and warmed up in the microwave. It really is a thing of beauty! 

• Like 1

Think this year we're going to be doing a bit of ordering food for pick up, then taking it elsewhere to eat. Maybe parks or the local commons?

Looking at crocks now.

812mRxPJpRL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81zGM2xbbIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

41nQFUA-0vL._AC_.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hmmmm carbs.

That's a better result than most of Villa's season.

My life is pretty beige on a plate. Could do with a nice salad soon though! 

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

My life is pretty beige on a plate. Could do with a nice salad soon though! 

I would pay good money for them chips pal 

Edit

When you get a minute can you take us through the chicken 

Edited by Phil Silvers

2 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Only just got around to uploading the beef dripping chips. Sorry for the delay. They're nice and simple but come out really good. I'm just going to show the whole process , sorry if some of it is tedious reading.

First, I cut the chips to size, not too thin as they're more likely to burn. Then rinsed under cold water until all the cloudy/starchy water remained clear, then dried them off.

OvvN05P.jpg?1

sd9OPvx.jpg?1

To cook them in the oven, I use a non-stick pyrex tray, relatively deep. I use 2 blocks of Britania beef dripping and 1 block of Crisp and Dry. Vege's could use all Crisp and Dry I guess. Just get it hot in the oven for 5 mins first.

YeBxjpe.jpg?1

ft86CIN.jpg?1

Into the oven for 20 mins, around 165c.

DqWrzfg.jpg?1

KXUEB9c.jpg?2 

After 20 mins they'll still be pretty pale but well on their way. I give them a flip and turn the heat up to 180c for 15-20 mins.

LUlrGMj.jpg?1

They'll come out crispy at this point but I had other stuff on the go and quite like softer chips at times so I turned the oven off and let them sit in the oven as it cooled down.

USFryF4.jpg?1

Once I'd cooked/prepped all the other things I let the chips drain on some paper and then tossed them in salt.

vb8KlYd.jpg?1

597rm6c.jpg?1

Assembled the fried chicken and bacon wraps, dumped the chips and onion rings on and smashed it.

eBIDvwU.jpg?1

D4itmvt.jpg?1

GBu3ClZ.jpg?1

lZwHRg9.jpg

Top quality post only let down by the sight of some green stuff in the vicinity. 

What did you do with the fat at the end? How many times can you reuse it? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I would pay good money for them chips pal 

Edit

Cheers mate. A chippy by me was doing them in dripping so thought I'd give it a go. My Mum has had a dripping/meat juices tray since I was little and cooks roasties, carrots, parsnips, belly pork in there. I know it sounds gross but I asked her how often she changes the dripping/juices and she said never, in about 20 years! We've never got ill off it and they are the best roasties I've ever had and likely to have. Last Christmas was the first Christmas dinner me and the fiancee made together in our 3 years together so I was asked my Mum about how she did hers, that's how I originally got onto the dripping in a tin method. Here was our 2nd dinner, hence the lack of pigs in blankets. The abuse of sauces will trigger some! I took pictures to send to mother dearest, to make sure I was doing it right. Plus I just like taking pictures of my grub, even if it's trashy stuff! The thing in the middle is stuffing wrapped in bacon for anyone trying to make sense of it.

Vjgpvyf.jpg?1

Pu5oGHZ.jpg?1

m7S57KM.jpg?1

zA9EkA8.jpg?1

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Top quality post only let down by the sight of some green stuff in the vicinity. 

What did you do with the fat at the end? How many times can you reuse it? 

Keep it mate! See my waffle in the previous post and my Mum's shenanigans in relation to that (Kenneth Williams image here). 

24 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Edit

Forgot to say about the chicken, it's just pre-bought frozen stuff, couldn't be arsed making that from scratch. 2 different types. The Tesco ones are full on tenders, not formed stuff. Both were put in the deep fryer for a few minutes as we only have one oven shelf annoyingly and the chips were in there.

HFMRLd0.jpg?1orue21E.jpg?1

• Like 1

Wezbid, this topic was made for you pal, I mean that in a good way.

Regarding the fat being left to cook over and over, my dad was the same, he was the master of full english breakfasts and roasts, he loved his food and I miss his cooking so much.

He was a bugger though, in the early days of supermarkets reducing prices later in the day, he used to pride himself on waiting for opportune moments to lift the labels and stick em on prime stuff, dodgy bugger, his did the stuff he got justice though.😜

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

Keep it mate! See my waffle in the previous post and my Mum's shenanigans in relation to that (Kenneth Williams image here). 

I just can't help myself....

6e628683c91aac10ba6ff24505870615.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Wezbid, this topic was made for you pal, I mean that in a good way.

Regarding the fat being left to cook over and over, my dad was the same, he was the master of full english breakfasts and roasts, he loved his food and I miss his cooking so much.

He was a bugger though, in the early days of supermarkets reducing prices later in the day, he used to pride himself on waiting for opportune moments to lift the labels and stick em on prime stuff, dodgy bugger, his did the stuff he got justice though.😜

Haha, most of the time I don't cook from scratch, it's mainly pre-made trash but I don't mind sharing them sorts of things either.

Seeing pictures of what other people are eating/have eaten is a bit of a weird fetish of mine, I think that's why I take so many pictures myself. I'll upload some of the trashy stuff if you want? 

Haha, sticking it to the supermarkets. They used to throw away so much food that was fine, it was disgusting so at least your Dad was putting it to use before they lobbed it. 

• Haha 1

Had a vindaloo with basmati rice and a garlic nan. Superb

Sweated like a hippo in a microwave. Bloody lovely though

I struggle to eat non lethal curries now. Just taste so bland 

• Like 1

Curry last night, I prefer to make my own from scratch but if I can’t be arsed then I can highly recommend these beauties...

The fiery Goan is smoky and hot, add a load of garam masala, paneer, chick peas and some spinach and it’s the best packet curry I’ve ever found. If I can get away with it I’ll add a couple of birds eye chillis in, but everyone else complains It’s too hot. 

E38FC148-F2D8-48CD-AE91-BEC66AD182BD.jpeg

Â