What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

On 02/04/2020 at 18:24, Wezbid said:

The bacon is cheap streaky though, I'll give you that one, it's really fatty and salty though so I have no shame there. 

Only way to do it, it's so much better than any other bacon. Nothing more disappointing than biting into a bacon sandwich which isn't 60% crispy fat.

The mixing of ketchup and brown sauce on the other hand....

I wouldn't have a problem with cheap sausages (which I know yours aren't) I just treat them as a completely different food than higher meat percentage sausages.

One thing I find quite upsetting now is how few places (particularly in London) do proper cheap white fried bread. There are some good little greasy spoons if you know where to look or are in a particular area, but largely it's bullshit brunch spots selling avocado, granola and soda bread. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Only way to do it, it's so much better than any other bacon. Nothing more disappointing than biting into a bacon sandwich which isn't 60% crispy fat.

The mixing of ketchup and brown sauce on the other hand....

I wouldn't have a problem with cheap sausages (which I know yours aren't) I just treat them as a completely different food than higher meat percentage sausages.

One thing I find quite upsetting now is how few places (particularly in London) do proper cheap white fried bread. There are some good little greasy spoons if you know where to look or are in a particular area, but largely it's bullshit brunch spots selling avocado, granola and soda bread. 

I agreed to an extent except for as follows:

1. I hope you’re referring to the crispiness of the bacon and not shite American bacon over proper English bacon.

2. I wouldn’t agree with “cheap” bread but I do agree it shouldn’t be on sourdough or whatever. I’m getting bored of received toasted sourdough whenever having breakfast out. That stuff is like shrapnel. 

On 27/02/2020 at 16:44, mottaloo said:

Desi grill at covered wagon on yardley wood road. Quality food in a comfortable environment. Large mixed grill, chilli fish pakoras, masala chips, cheese chilli naans and butter chicken curry.

Well worth the trip across town. 

Screenshot_20200227-213141_Photos.jpg

This looks bangin’. I remember someone slagged off curry on here once. I’ll never forget. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I agreed to an extent except for as follows:

1. I hope you’re referring to the crispiness of the bacon and not shite American bacon over proper English bacon.

2. I wouldn’t agree with “cheap” bread but I do agree it shouldn’t be on sourdough or whatever. I’m getting bored of received toasted sourdough whenever having breakfast out. That stuff is like shrapnel. 

I'm talking streaky bacon like in the photo and it has to be crispy. I've never been to America, but understand their bacon is all streaky (presumably belly?) and am well on board with them on this.

For toast that's fine, but I'm talking specifically fried bread as I wouldn't tend to go for toast. A greasy yellowed triangle of cheap white bread is the ultimate addition for me.

American streaky bacon is thin crispy shit that lacks a proper meaty texture probably because its so thin and fatty, not worth the calories as her on bake off would say, usually overly smoked too from my experience

You can get decent streaky bacon here, I think its better on sandwiches though and packed in several slices 

My levels of boredom WFH has hit new peaks. I ordered a box of 48 Cadbury creme eggs, post Easter...they came an hour ago and I've already had one with a brew.

Only another 47 to go.....

Big mistake today.

First in to Lidl at 8:00am and the pastries were still warm and were 22p for 3.

I’ll just repeat that, teleprinter style, 22 (twenty two) p, for 3 (three).

60 (sixty) p if you bought 3 (three) bags of 3 (three)

I’ll be fine, I just need to do 7 hours on the exercise bike later.

• Haha 1

Just tried some of that marmite peanut butter, on toast. It takes some mixing up to get rid of the peanut oil layer on top, but I have to say it’s pretty good. It’s basically crunchy peanut butter, with an undertone of marmite flavour. 8/10 WB again. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Chicken vindaloo later, with rice and a garlic naan. Looking forward to it. 

Toilet roll in the fridge for later then ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/05/2020 at 18:01, It's Your Round said:

Just tried some of that marmite peanut butter, on toast. It takes some mixing up to get rid of the peanut oil layer on top, but I have to say it’s pretty good. It’s basically crunchy peanut butter, with an undertone of marmite flavour. 8/10 WB again. 

It really is the dog's danglies and i think I'm addicted to it to the point i had 5 unopened jars of it in my fridge. When lockdown started i stopped going to my bigger supermarkets and got to my last jar when to my delight i found that the sainsbury's local near me stocked them !

I now have 5 jars again in my fridge 😁

On 06/05/2020 at 04:03, mottaloo said:

It really is the dog's danglies and i think I'm addicted to it to the point i had 5 unopened jars of it in my fridge. When lockdown started i stopped going to my bigger supermarkets and got to my last jar when to my delight i found that the sainsbury's local near me stocked them !

I now have 5 jars again in my fridge 😁

Can we discuss the keeping of things in the fridge? I wouldn’t keep my PB in the fridge.

I also think that people who keep their ketchup in the fridge are probably sociopaths and enemies of the state.

• Thanks 1

Â