What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

When I did my shopping on Tuesday I think I reflexively grabbed something that I associate with happy times, a whole turkey! So tonight I'm eating turkey with roasted veggies and gravy. Knocking back some Portuguese red blend. 

• Like 2

Trying to use bits and pieces from the freezer to make meals for the next few weeks so dug out a couple of haggis I bought last month.

made a delicious Haggis bolagnese with spaghetti and the family loved it! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I just paid 24€ for 2 lots of kebab meat and chips from the local Turkish kebab house

Was bang average too

Jesus Christ. A kebab is 10zł here! (2.5 Euro)

Turkish immigration here is the equivalent of Indian immigration in the UK, as a result kebab Houses are everywhere, imagine chip shops + Indian take aways then x 2 that's how many of them there are

But they're crazy expensive, 6 or 7€ for a kebab, another 3€ for a small tray of french fries, tonight I had a "special" which amounted to kebab meat chips and tatziki for 12€

Quality is all over the shop, there's no shit doner meat (I'm a chicken kebab guy in the uk anyway) but a lot of it is fairly bland, tends to be the better ones are better because of the quality of the salad and sauces too rather than the meat

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Turkish immigration here is the equivalent of Indian immigration in the UK, as a result kebab Houses are everywhere, imagine chip shops + Indian take aways then x 2 that's how many of them there are

But they're crazy expensive, 6 or 7€ for a kebab, another 3€ for a small tray of french fries, tonight I had a "special" which amounted to kebab meat chips and tatziki for 12€

Quality is all over the shop, there's no shit doner meat (I'm a chicken kebab guy in the uk anyway) but a lot of it is fairly bland, tends to be the better ones are better because of the quality of the salad and sauces too rather than the meat

Same here with kebab. It's easily the 2nd most popular takeaway after pizza, mostly run by people from Asia. 

On 28/03/2020 at 21:16, mikeyp102 said:

First few days of lockdown I was doing well, but last couple I can’t stop eating. My snacks are rapidly decreasing 

I've been smashing the crisps pretty heavy. I love crisps but obviously never get full of them. I only stop when my lips start stinging. 

I've started putting crisps back on my ham and cheese butties. Salt and vinegar. The flavour works but the crunch is the best bit by far. 

7 hours ago, Seat68 said:

i am doing nothing but eating. Jogged a little but now my knee has said get to **** you chubby bastard. My eating habits are unlikely to change. 

It'll just be a little bit more awkward walking to the fridge I guess?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Last night me and the Mrs were going to have lasagne but she didn't want to wait the 50 mins as we'd left it a bit late. I said I'd stick some sausages in the oven for sausage butties. 35 mins later we somehow ended up here 😄

5qXpyLW.jpg

episode 5 specials GIF

• Haha 2

Fryup police would not approve... 

Ignoring the red sauce massacre, looks like cheap quantity over quality sausages and bacon, no black pudding (I can accept no mushrooms or Tom's) assuming toast is out of shot, bean juice looks nicely burned off, eggs look good but touching the beans rather than safe behind the sausage wall

Its a fry up so of course wb but 5/10 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Fryup police would not approve... 

Ignoring the red sauce massacre, looks like cheap quantity over quality sausages and bacon, no black pudding (I can accept no mushrooms or Tom's) assuming toast is out of shot, bean juice looks nicely burned off, eggs look good but touching the beans rather than safe behind the sausage wall

Its a fry up so of course wb but 5/10 

Those sausages are Tesco Finest pork and honey chipolatas thank you very much! The bacon is cheap streaky though, I'll give you that one, it's really fatty and salty though so I have no shame there. I was making this on our Corona rations so we were down our normal mushrooms. I'm down for black pud but she's not a fan so I go without as to avoid waste. The toast is underneath the eggs. I planted them suckers on top otherwise there was no room and I'm not busting out extra plates to house the toast in these crazy times when washing up liquid is being hoarded by strange ones. We mixed in grated cheese into the beans for extra panache.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Last night me and the Mrs were going to have lasagne but she didn't want to wait the 50 mins as we'd left it a bit late. I said I'd stick some sausages in the oven for sausage butties. 35 mins later we somehow ended up here 😄

5qXpyLW.jpg

go ahead thumbs up GIF

No issue with that plate at all mate and wish Mrs F could knock something similar up, but then again I don’t turn down a lot of food.  

Probably why my daily workout is stretching for the remote! :D

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
Â