What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Found some reduced price haddock in the shop, £2.50 for two of us.  Home grown potatoes, steamed.  Bits and pieces of veg, some home grown, some not, stir-fried with a touch of lime and chilli.  Hollandaise sauce.

20190729_200328.jpg

• Like 1

New chocolate flavours!

Picked up a normal and a hazelnut from galaxy's dark collection and I'm unimpressed

Also picked up the 3 new Cadburys flavours, raspberry shortbread, orange and something and latte, only tried the raspberry and it's ok but trying to hard, they can't beat the original, whole nut, fruit and nut and caramel (same with all these Cadbury creations craft have added, must be easier than new bars) 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

looks like birdseye are trying to get a viral marketing campaign going for fish finger lasagne

that sounds awesome to me, something to try at the weekend

Fish Finger Lasagne? 

black game show GIF by Cheezburger

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Maybe but definitely something I will be trying!!

Maybe twice, second time substituting the pasta for potato waffles or some hard bread

Already make mince meat lasagne substituting the pasta for garlic bread and that's the bollocks 

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe but definitely something I will be trying!!

Maybe twice, second time substituting the pasta for potato waffles or some hard bread

Already make mince meat lasagne substituting the pasta for garlic bread and that's the bollocks 

Please stop now.  You've done quite enough.  I really can't cope with any more.  I feel quite ill.

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm a big fan of tasty! 

Forget swapping herbs about just have a play with what goes with what 

Fish fingers in a marinara sauce with cheese melted on top... Of course that will work

You are a sinner, and plainly unrepentant.

You will burn in the deep fryer of culinary rectitude, for all time.  You brought it on yourself.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2019 at 21:54, villa4europe said:

New chocolate flavours!

Picked up a normal and a hazelnut from galaxy's dark collection and I'm unimpressed

Also picked up the 3 new Cadburys flavours, raspberry shortbread, orange and something and latte, only tried the raspberry and it's ok but trying to hard, they can't beat the original, whole nut, fruit and nut and caramel (same with all these Cadbury creations craft have added, must be easier than new bars) 

The coffee one by the distance 

shakshouka has become my go to comfort food, quick easy to make and easy to bastardise the recipe based on what you've got in the fridge

last night was red pepper and courgette then some spiced sausage, then the tomatoes, then cumin, paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, 4 eggs in the middle, served on day old crusty brown bread

you can change the veg (its usually onions but my missus doesn't eat them) change the meat, tweak the spices, do what you want, you pretty much just need tomatoes eggs cumin and garlic, eat it for breakfast or dinner

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Just done a lasagne to use up a glut of courgettes and various odds and ends lying in the fridge.

Sauteed the courgettes with garlic and a couple of leeks that were well past their best but the inner parts were fine, added some ricotta and several small bits of leftover hard cheese to make it thick and creamy.  Did a spicy tomato sauce and threw in some leftover Bravas sauce and half a red pepper, layered the two sauces with lasagne, finishing with the tomato sauce, and topped with more ricotta and some blitzed parmesan rinds (need a tough blender to blitz them to powder, they're rock hard - another way to use them if your blender isn't heavy duty is to add them to soup to give it more body and flavour).

Really tasty, plus Brownie points for avoiding food waste.

• Like 1

Ha! Just did something similar, made a sort of vegetable bolognese to use up courgettes we'd picked.

Except mine was slightly less successful, but not through my fault. I've been using Waitrose tomato or pasata or bolgnese sauce as a base and it's been fine. The ingredients, unsurprisingly, were tomatoes. But my local Waitrose closed down a little while ago and I've used up all my stock. So I picked up a pot of Asda Bolognese sauce.

Hey, if you love the overpowering taste of salt and sugar, you'll **** love Asda bolognese sauce. 

Â