• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cooked a Chinese New Year special

char Sui ribs

black bean broccoli and mushrooms

salt and chilli crispy chicken

egg fried rice

various bits of stuff like spring rolls, dumplings, prawn toast

never cooked ribs before but they were the star of the show, char Sui is a great flavour, the various bits were from Sainsbury's and they were expensive and shit, also couldn't get any steamed buns

• Like 1

I went there Sunday, their menu is a lot better than their food, had a 50cm hot dog, it was ridiculous, the sausage was pretty much a chip shop sausage though and the bun was shocking, had a similar opinion on a burger in there although their brisket was great so maybe their steaks are too

there are worse! he's not amazingly quick but he does a lot of them, most of them just massive portions, if you watch the proper speed eaters they eat in weird kind of constantly biting with the front teeth chewing with the back teeth motion which is weird as ****

In Istanbul, I have had a mega mac, a double Big Mac, it was awesome, McDonald's here I had that as a large meal, the missus had a spicy chicken thing large meal, £8, they do a special deal large normal Big Mac meal and 6 nuggets for £4

and before anyone gets judging me on eating McDonald's rather than local cuisine trust me I am smashing kebabs down me, it's getting daft, best one I've had so far was an iskender kebab which was basically doner meat (proper stuff here, less processed) served in like a tomato ragu over bread that's gone soggy with the sauce and a dollop of yogurt on the side, I'll definitely be trying that when I get home 

Â