What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Yesterday I had football so would be missing tea, and had to pop over to a toy shop for some stuff.  There was a Greggs on the complex, so I thought "I'll have something small and quick before football".  Wanted something they didn't have, so had a Cornish pasty thing instead instead.

It was probably the saddest thing I've ever put in my mouth.  The peas were uncooked and hard, the "beef" was just tiny, miniscule lumps within a gelatinous gravy, with some tiny bits of undercooked carrots.

Should have realised not to have it when the woman who served me said "It's kinda warm".

9.5/10 would never eat again. 

16 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Fancied a treat as on me own, large fish and chips, large curry sauce and a can of Dr pepper, £9.15, what the hell in the world coming to.

No I'm not going to say that, because curry sauce is wholly acceptable for your moisture provision. But I will say that that choice would be £8.95 where I live in Lancs, or more if I go to a different chippy a bit further way.

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that's bad! 

My order was 2 fish and chips, 2 battered sausages, chip bap with gravy and a tray of kebab meat and was £24

Fat *******, I couldn't finish mine, it was large and loads of chips, but **** me VE, thats impressive.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man!  This Lebanese place just down the road from me has been getting rave reviews and recommendations. Awesome food . Best thing I’ve had all year, a Buddha bowl of veggie spicey tasty goodness.

3CAF3FD4-A459-4BFC-A976-37CEF5E6560F.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, blandy said:

Oh man!  This Lebanese place just down the road from me has been getting rave reviews and recommendations. Awesome food . Best thing I’ve had all year, a Buddha bowl of veggie spicey tasty goodness.

No gravy ?

I am disappoint.

On 19/08/2021 at 09:39, Wainy316 said:

Also confuse and offend your American mates by telling them you ate some 'faggots'...

Mr Brain's 6 Pork Faggots 656g | Pork & Gammon | Iceland Foods

I believe these are native to West Midlands too (Black Country).

Bought some of these a while back. Utter garbage tasted of cheep mush. I sure they have got worse though how they can lower the quality when the ingredients should just be offal and breadcrumbs I don't know. Avoid.

On 22/09/2021 at 09:17, lapal_fan said:

I thought "I'll have something small and quick before football".  

It was probably the saddest thing I've ever put in my mouth.  The "beef" was just tiny, miniscule lumps

image.png.76cba60f6ee6b27220dad93263acbb9b.png

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, blandy said:

Some animal in need of a vet has shat in a bowl

• Haha 2

On 22/09/2021 at 17:24, villa4europe said:

Yeah that's bad! 

My order was 2 fish and chips, 2 battered sausages, chip bap with gravy and a tray of kebab meat and was £24

I'm a portly fellow, but that is insane! I can just about manage mini fish and chips with curry sauce, and a cheeky saveloy on the side (kw.jpg)

Back here Thursday afternoon for the first time since lockdown, three choices, Beef, Ham or Cheese cob, NEW, Pork pies. Fantastic. Couple of pints of HPA, what a life.

Image result for the anchor caunsall

Not a picture taker, these are off the www

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm a portly fellow, but that is insane! I can just about manage mini fish and chips with curry sauce, and a cheeky saveloy on the side (kw.jpg)

It was 4 people, mine was the chip bap and gravy and the kebab meat

The kebab meat I once again got duped by captain cods in kiddy, walked in after they've just made the first cut of a new chicken kebab* but ended up being served the dregs of the last one that's been in the pot for hours

* there's nothing better in a chippy than the first blackened charred crispy cut of a chicken kebab

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It was 4 people, mine was the chip bap and gravy and the kebab meat

The kebab meat I once again got duped by captain cods in kiddy, walked in after they've just made the first cut of a new chicken kebab* but ended up being served the dregs of the last one that's been in the pot for hours

* there's nothing better in a chippy than the first blackened charred crispy cut of a chicken kebab

Thank **** for that! I thought big Bazza Austin had come back as you! 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Back here Thursday afternoon for the first time since lockdown, three choices, Beef, Ham or Cheese cob, NEW, Pork pies. Fantastic. Couple of pints of HPA, what a life.

Not a picture taker, these are off the www

Wheres that?

I'm guessing black country by the cobs?! 

Â