Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Jimzk5

If we can't beat Crystal Palace at home, I think we'll officially become relegation candidates. Same for an ugly draw. This team has to win this, and with some measure of style, some identifiable unity of purpose...

Edited by maqroll

Gayle will rape Baker (not literally) and Bannan will set-up or score the winner. Think I'll give it might a miss.

Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Herd, Baker, Sylla, Delph, Bacuna, Albrighton, Gabby and Kozak. 4-2-3-1.

I think us the best team right now as we have balance down both wings although I would play kea instead of Sylla.

Fear this will be a draw. 1-1. Jerome will bully our defence, we will be very disjointed and nervy as per usual. We all know the rot has to stop here, should have just about enough, but we are so good at letting ourselves down so i wont be expecting much.

Last time they were in the prem didnt they win this fixture or was it a draw? Remember Andy Johnson scoring in both fixtures.

Failure to beat Palace could well result in the fans turning on Lambert at VP.

Enough is enough, Palace are the rubbing rags of the division and nothing less than a Villa victory will suffice.

The fans and players need to stick together whatever the result against Palace. Preempting negativity is a bad attitude to have before a game, do not let it sour your boxing day and try to enjoy the day. This will be a tough game so get behind the lads.

This game needs to take on the same atmosphere as last season against QPR

Gayle will rape Baker (not literally) and Bannan will set-up or score the winner. Think I'll give it might a miss.

Guzan, Lowton, Clark, Herd, Baker, Sylla, Delph, Bacuna, Albrighton, Gabby and Kozak. 4-2-3-1.

I think us the best team right now as we have balance down both wings although I would play kea instead of Sylla.

Why does everyone have their dick out when it comes to KEA, probably one of the worst centre mids I've seen at Villa.

Guzan

Lowton Clark Herd Luna

Bacuna Westwood Delph

Albrighton Kozak Agbonlahor

We lack the creativity to break teams down at home, give Bacuna a chance in his preferred position where he can push up further. Maybe he could fill the void of a midfielder who links the play between the final third and the middle of the pitch. At the same time we need to be using the flanks and getting balls whipped into the box, no doubt Albrighton should start again and Gabby is a must now he is eligible.

Edited by samjp26

Can't lose this, and we can't afford another draw against a team like this when we should be winning. They're not one offs any more, we've done it several times and we need to pack it in if we want to push for a decent finish. I'd go something like this:

Guzan

Lowton   Baker      Clark    Luna

Bacuna    Delph    Sylla

Albrighton              Gabby

Kozak

Something like that perhaps? Of course, the usual, Vlaar in instead of Baker if he's fit. I know that defence isn't exactly the strongest, but I don't really know what the other options are, as I think Baker at LB doesn't really work, so unless  Lambo puts Herd in CB and moves Clark to LB, I'd go with what I've put, with creating chances in mind. I don't care how we do it, just PLEASE get the 3 points here, we need them to make up for 3 awful performances.

Edited by JoshVilla

The proverbial 'six-pointer' and an absolute must-win. When Crystal Palace are the opposition, there is absolutely no excuse for failing to win. Even hardcore Lambert-backers know that arguments about our transfer expeniture or a few injuries will simply not cut it for this one. Unfortunatly, there is just no team I fancy us to beat anymore and I think this will be a stalemate.

My team:

Guzan

Lowton Herd Clark Bacuna

Sylla

Albrighton KEA Delph Gabby

Kozak

That team generally picks itself. Baker and Luna are just too big a liability for me. Herd isn't great either but I'd just about prefer him to Baker. Baker and Clark don't work together at all either.

Please, please, please give Sylla a go at DM with Westwood not avaliable Lambert! The one position where he can possibly best use the few attributes he does have.

Gabby back in for Tonev. Albrighton and Kozak deserve to retain their places also.

As I said I think it will be a stalemate. It has a drab 0-0 written all over it.

Edited by Isa

I hope we some new player brought in. Someone like Gardner or I'd even take Bacuna tried in the attacking mid role. We just need something to be different. Lambert hasn't changed anything the last few matches and they have been all dull dreary matches. Mix things up a bit. Even if we lose, it's better to see us losing trying something new instead of repeating the same mistakes over and over again.