is it time for a new owner?

Dodgyknees

establish us in the top half and that is going to take some time and overcoming a lot of difficulties along the way.

I don't see why establishing a club like ours in the top half is a difficult task which should take some time to do.

I'm sorry but that sort of attitude is just a way to continue to support the owner while we continue to struggle.

Not at all. I am just realistic about how our chances of success are going to be created in the future with Lerner at the helm. Have you missed the last three years? We have regressed, we need to rebuild.

And the books are balanced. So why now is it a difficult task that will take a long time? If you'd said this 3 years ago I could understand but accepting that now is just more excuse making.

And the books are balanced. So why now is it a difficult task that will take a long time? If you'd said this 3 years ago I could understand but accepting that now is just more excuse making. 

John, I am talking about Lambert building a team that will get us back into the top eight given the financial restrictions Lerner has put in place. It will take time and an increase in transfer investment to achieve consistent success. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2307471/English-Premier-League-clubs-ratify-Financial-Fair-Play-regulations.html

FFP there is a version just for the Prem League seperate from UEFA's one.Lerner voted against it and to me it's sole purpose is to keep the same clubs at the top.

Since it was ratified and just before Man United for Instance have signed numerous sponsorship deals ,I think they even have a paint sponsor using their global brand to 

keep income coming in so they can keep spending ..forgetting they are 600mil or so in debt.

So I do think this has played a part in our recent spending.The problem for me is this wouldn't have been an issue if Randy/PF had kept control of wages in the first place !Just the 

purchases by Mcliesh are costing the club far in excess of 100k a week ..and none of them are currently playing ! I don't doubt he is a nice guy and he did invest heavily but his lack of knowledge and allowing the managers have full autonomy has been a disaster

My opinion now is he is being professional and doing his best to get the club on a even keel but I think he the right buyer came along he would stand aside.

• Like 1

This whole FFP thing is seeming to be a bit of a nonsense... If we are being so prudent then how come, Chelsea, Man City Liverpool, etc etc etc keep spending such huge sums on wages? Is it because either they don't care about it or have "boxed clever" coming up with a load of magical sponsorships which are basically making a mokery out of the whole thing? This surely is the the case with Man City who are blatantly flouting the laws knowing UEFA won't do a damn thing about it.

So are we being too prim & proper and therefore disadvantaged as a result? If so I think we need to follow suit and just exploit any loophole going as the rest are doing...I guess maybe it's easier to hide behind FFP though eh? It's cheaper after all :/

• Like 1

Merry Christmas danceoftheshamen

FFP can be a complicated issue there is are rules saying you cant play in Europe if you break the rules and there are soon to be rules that say you cant play in the Premier League if you break the rules. I just wanted to say that as people seem to think it is just Europe that's an issue.

Some clubs flout the rules like Chelsea & City who's owners indirectly sponsor the club for massive sums to make them FFP compliant however when looking at Liverpool, Arsenal and Utd they are FFP compliant anyway through their legitimate sponsorships and huge merchandising revenues. City and Chelsea have those same revenues too but they spunk so much money away they currently need those shall we call them fake sponsorships.

I feel it would be hard for uefa to legislate against that, for us to do it we are talking about a moot point as our owner doesn't want to overfund us anymore anyway.

The biggest change in revenue we could do is sell naming rights for the ground.

How much land does the club own? That's going to be a huge factor on how attractive we are for a purchase. People forget that land was a huge part in the City takeover. Look at the money those guys have pumped into buying and rejuvenating the land around Manchester. That's where the money is, the football team being successful just makes it a more attractive place for prospective property buyers

Yeah I think HDE sold off the serpentine just prior to selling up? and I agree with Sutton Paul (Merry Christmas to you too by the way Paul) that any land would not be worth a huge amount anyway when you look at the surrounding area's... Ok it's easy access to the M6 but, how do I say this politely?... It isn't the most picturesque area :/

There was a thread on here somewhere about should we move Villa Park and although in some ways it would be sacrilege to do so this could be one huge advantage in doing so.. Move it to an area with loads of land and then do a Man City of "Developing" that land for the local good.. But then that would take lots of money which our owner apparently doesn't a) have or B) want to spend.

So mediocrity it is and I will go up today against Palace fully expecting to be bored out of my mind and watch us struggle to score at home against one of the worst teams in the division.... Still at least the books are balanced eh?! :/

Â