is it time for a new owner?

Dodgyknees

IF, he won't put any more cash in and IF he really isn't interested then he should sell up, simple as that.

I don't think Lambert is entirely blameless though, we should still at least be trying to play football even if the squad is el cheapo.

maybe but I dont see a lot of people buying clubs at the moment. most that do are not what i want. except the guys at Liverpool i cant remember a Premier League club been bought by somebody sensible in last 5 years

• Like 3

maybe but I dont see a lot of people buying clubs at the moment. most that do are not what i want. except the guys at Liverpool i cant remember a Premier League club been bought by somebody sensible in last 5 years

If we are to have a new owner, they need to have, like the Liverpool owners, a good track record with other sports 'franchises'.

Liverpool owners were getting some stick somewhile back, remember King Kenny and all the overpriced british players he signed, sounds familiar?

For me it's a yes. Be honest no-one expected this 6 years down the line when Lerner took over.

I don't expect a title challenge nor even top 4, just a team to be proud of who can play good football, have a couple of players who can get you off your seat and be in around top 6 again, knowing we are a threat again.

Basically I want 2007-10 again, when we mattered in the premier league and people were talking about us and giving us respect. I just don't want to have to achieve that spending a ridiculous amount on british players.

Cant see that happening a long time under this new austerity regime, we just don't have the quality all over the pitch.

• Like 2

I don't see why Lerner or Faulkner bring in Martin Laursen to help out with the defensive play. We need these sorts of people at the club. Surely Lambert could work with him.

Well Lambert could - but he has already chosen his coaching staff. In any case the buck for the playing side stops with the manager - he can't delegate someone else to be responsible\accountable for the defence.

Yep time to get rid. I've had enough of him and am prepared to take the gamble.

You can't get rid of an owner though can you? I hope he stays and we just grow steadily over the next 3 transfer windows with Lambert. I find it hard to believe we would find a suitable owner to replace him.

You can't get rid of an owner though can you? I hope he stays and we just grow steadily over the next 3 transfer windows with Lambert. I find it hard to believe we would find a suitable owner to replace him.

I fear that the third transfer window you have mentioned will be our first January in the Championship...

It was more a phrase to say i want him gone. 

It seems like we've been waiting like a century to get players from the wage bill so we might start spending again, but by the time we are rid of them there may be other players who will need shifting, and it will keep going in circles.

I feel maybe if Lambert was in a position where he could spend an average of say 5 million on every position he could do a good job and have us challenging as a best of the rest type club but I think if your going to be that kind of club you need to at least do it playing entertaining football as a sort of compensation for the lack of trophies to the fans.

Anything beyond that I think Randy would need to sell, but I'm sure I read somewhere that he's the something like the 400th richest man in the world so you'd be relying on it just so happening that one of those 399 people would be interested, if not one of those individuals then a group.

Be nice if Randy mapped out his strategy to us all or told us that if someone was in a better position to takeover the reigns he'd step aside.

This.

I love the way people think potential owners are lining up to spank millions on us to keep us happy. Why on earth would they?

With the exception of a couple of Sheiks and Oligarchs, people don't buy clubs unless they feel they can get a return on them.

Randy thought he could pump a few million into playing staff to bring about a champions league level income stream. That income stream would eventually pay him back for the intial investment It didn't work and cost him dearly. He's now (rightly) trying to do it slowly by buidling year on year at a sustainable pace.

Doubt anyone else would be prepared to take another risk on us.

• Like 1

Â