is it time for a new owner?

Dodgyknees

No.

We could get lucky an be bought by a billionaire a la Man City and Chelsea, and while I'm sure we'd all enjoy the ride for a while, ultimately it's that sort of massive money that ruins the competitiveness of football and I don't want Villa to be a part of that problem.

More likely we'd get bought by some joker like Carson Yeung, Vincent Tan the Venkys or Assem Allam If Villa fans think we'd be better off with any of those, they really have lost the plot and all grasp of reality. 

The alternative would be some sort of fan buyout, which would be attractive and a definite point of pride for us fans. But I don't think we'd see any more money being invested in the club as it would have to be run sustainably so at best I think we'd see matters on the pitch stay the same, or very likely get worse as the reality of running a financially sustainable Premier League club hits home. 

I think Lerner has learnt from his mistakes in the past, and has made good investments in terms of the training ground and club infrastructure which are helping us in the longer term. He may have lost some of his enthusiasm but I still see the club as in far better shape than in the last years of Ellis and he isn't sucking out money in the way he did. 

Guess work, no factual evidence for this at all.

Yet we have factual evidence that Lerner has been a bad 'custodian'.

No.

It's tough at the moment but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet & ride out the storm.

If we had continued with our previous profligate policy of spending 102% plus of our turnover we would end up in a financial meltdown.

This situation had to be & is being addressed. Both Randy, Paul Faulkner & Paul Lambert have made it clear that it is their ultimate desire to grow the football club.

Had Man City not suddenly become awash with obscene amounts of cash things may possibly have turned out differently.

The bottom line is that we are in a money league but we do not have the financial muscle to directly compete. However, we do have a strategy of investing in young, vibrant & energetic players & realistically everybody needs to be patient until this is bore out.

As Hairy Hands intimated pre-season these things take time.

Randy is easily one of the best Chairman in English football & remains as humble now as he did the moment he set foot inside the corridors of power in B6.

Take a bow Randy son, take a bow!

• Like 4

No.

It's tough at the moment but sometimes you just have to bite the bullet & ride out the storm.

If we had continued with our previous profligate policy of spending 102% plus of our turnover we would end up in a financial meltdown.

This situation had to be & is being addressed. Both Randy, Paul Faulkner & Paul Lambert have made it clear that it is their ultimate desire to grow the football club.

Had Man City not suddenly become awash with obscene amounts of cash things may possibly have turned out differently.

The bottom line is that we are in a money league but we do not have the financial muscle to directly compete. However, we do have a strategy of investing in young, vibrant & energetic players & realistically everybody needs to be patient until this is bore out.

As Hairy Hands intimated pre-season these things take time.

Randy is easily one of the best Chairman in English football & remains as humble now as he did the moment he set foot inside the corridors of power in B6.

Take a bow Randy son, take a bow!

Good lord, where to start with that.

No.

We could get lucky an be bought by a billionaire a la Man City and Chelsea, and while I'm sure we'd all enjoy the ride for a while, ultimately it's that sort of massive money that ruins the competitiveness of football and I don't want Villa to be a part of that problem.

More likely we'd get bought by some joker like Carson Yeung, Vincent Tan the Venkys or Assem Allam If Villa fans think we'd be better off with any of those, they really have lost the plot and all grasp of reality. 

The alternative would be some sort of fan buyout, which would be attractive and a definite point of pride for us fans. But I don't think we'd see any more money being invested in the club as it would have to be run sustainably so at best I think we'd see matters on the pitch stay the same, or very likely get worse as the reality of running a financially sustainable Premier League club hits home. 

I think Lerner has learnt from his mistakes in the past, and has made good investments in terms of the training ground and club infrastructure which are helping us in the longer term. He may have lost some of his enthusiasm but I still see the club as in far better shape than in the last years of Ellis and he isn't sucking out money in the way he did. 

Yes it's guess work, and I fail to see where I claimed it was a fact?

But realistically the perception of Villa is an average sized club in an unattractive city. For every billionaire owner investing huge money there are several awful ones dragging the life from their clubs. It's a guess but I think it's a fair guess. 

• Like 1

No.

But realistically the perception of Villa is an average sized club in an unattractive city. For every billionaire owner investing huge money there are several awful ones dragging the life from their clubs. It's a guess but I think it's a fair guess. 

This does not mean we will get another Venkeys or Tan, no evidence to that at all. Although Lerner did pick McLeish as a great choice for manager so I can see why you might doubt his judgement which has cast us into this mess.

No.

This does not mean we will get another Venkeys or Tan, no evidence to that at all. Although Lerner did pick McLeish as a great choice for manager so I can see why you might doubt his judgement which has cast us into this mess.

No it doesn't mean we'll get that. And my post said as much by also talking about a fan buyout or a Man City / Chelsea style billionaire coming in. It's what I see as most likely based on looking at who has bought clubs who are perceived nationally and internationally to have similar status to ourselves. I don't think it can be denied that should Randy sell it would at least be a possibility? As for Randy's choice, I don't think they'll be a big queue of buyers lining up should he decide to sell that he'll need to select from. 

No.

No it doesn't mean we'll get that. And my post said as much by also talking about a fan buyout or a Man City / Chelsea style billionaire coming in. It's what I see as most likely based on looking at who has bought clubs who are perceived nationally and internationally to have similar status to ourselves. I don't think it can be denied that should Randy sell it would at least be a possibility? As for Randy's choice, I don't think they'll be a big queue of buyers lining up should he decide to sell that he'll need to select from. 

We don't need a Man City or Chelsea buy out. We need somebody who can bring football people in to make the choices, who can back the manager whenever he needs it, who won't have a strangled grip on finances to the point where the "b-team" are sub-standard and equal to the bottom of the championship or top of league one.

I - and others, I think - do not expect to win the league, we do not expect to be the biggest club in the world - but we also expect, that after being told we are reducing debt and wages, that the manager might have been given more choice as to who he can bring in, so when we are linked with the creative attacking players for 7/8m or the holding midfielder, the chairman might actually see that Lambert has met all targets and back him.

We have been crying out for QUALITY additions to help us - three players are needed - and these have been needed for around 18 months. The chairman has given 40m to build a squad, plus a wage budget Wigan would be proud of and we are expected (because of the clubs size) to finish at least top 10 - when in reality we are actually just looking to survive.

Top 10 wasn't good enough under Doug, now surviving is good enough under the PR machine that is Randy, I bet Doug wishes he had done things Randy's way.

Free scarf anybody?

If someone like Houllier/Red Bull came in with a few Billion to throw at us then you'd have to look at that.

Anyone from the Far East should be avoided.

Russians and Arabs possibly of interest.

I'd only take Red Bull if we kept our shirt colour, badge, name..etc.

Not too bothered about the ground being renamed, it will always be Villa Park.

But the rest is a big fat NO!

YES!

If things are ever going to change for the better imo i think we need a new owner. Atm there are very few if any endearing things about Lerner. him giving to charity springs to mind but that doesn't help Villa as a club.

A new owner will most likelly mean a new manager and i'd be fine with that aswell

Edited by sne

The Browns being bad has nothing to do with Randy at the moment.

They're just continually bad. Cursed franchise. And they drafted Brandon Weeden in the 1st round of the draft last year lolol

• Like 1

Many fans here saying he has no interest in the club?? Though if he put 100 million in the club every season he would be up there with the best no matter if he comes watches the games or not, its blatantly only about the investment. He still has his billions no doubt and I still believe he is waiting to start from scratch. Either that or getting ready to sell. We wont be a budget team forever I know that.

Whether it's time for a new owner or not, it's probably harder to find someone with billions who's filthy rich, and with how things are in the modern game - totally stupid, to spend millions on a club, than it is to find a new manager to get the team able to win a few more games at home.

Randy has mad mistakes and he's allowed too, he's only human. But hiring McLeish was more than a mistake. I think at that moment a lot of Villa fans started to question his judgement.

Randy still has a chance to turn things around. I'm all for clearing the decks of the over-paid players who barely contribute and are just at the club for a nice pay packet. However, when they're gone they need to be replaced by players who want to play for Villa, who are also quality players. In summary, now Lambert has a average squad, Randy needs to back the manager  for a few quality players to redeem himself.

Edited by PieFacE

Â