• Baker
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

Terrible, I'm a big Lambert fan but the next 2 games are massive! This villa defence is the worst I've known. Until we stop conceding pathetic goals then we'll go nowhere.

Why are people a fan of Lambert though?

He really hasn't done much to warrant anyone being a fan of him since he's been here. I was so optimistic after watching his Norwich side play, but he's been a huge disappointment.

• Like 1

Not buying an attacking midfielder in the summer has been easily Lambert's worst decision as Villa manager.

Really ? - Considering last seasons slide started and ended with the Vlaar injury - and he gets injured frequently - to then for a second season running start with only one senior CB is bordering on negligence - further compounded by the money wasted on Helenuis and Tonev.

Below average players playing below average football. Team that Lambert built just isn't good enough. We will be lucky to stay out of relegation battle, but if we don't get points out of our next three game I fear the worst.

Edited by villianusa
  • Like 1

I do think we are, awful an boring. But please get this out my mind before killing off Lambert. Would we be a better side with Okore, Vlarr in the team and Benteke firing??

Would we be better with a solid defence and a striker so good that he masks our inability to create in midfield?  Yes, but I think that just highlights the problem we have now. And that scenario is the best case - which we can't expect week-in, week-out for a whole season.

Not good enough really. We're just lucky there are teams worse than us.

At least we finally scored though.

And we lost, again.

Oh thanks, I didn't actually notice that. I thought we won.

Seriously, why pick on this post? Is positivity that frowned upon on here that even semi-sarcastic positivity is getting jumped on?

Edited by Mantis

This whole situation is a mixture of factors.

Lerner, Lambert, the Players. In that order.

Those calling for Lambert to be sacked should be remembered that the grass isn't always greener and the first and third factor won't change with a new manager.

Another limp peformance. I reckon the board have told Lambert that its better for attendances for us to flirt with relegation again, rather than mid table nothingness that earlier in the month I thought we were heading for. The line up looked shit, we played shit and lost. Football can be a simple business really. If only Okore had not knackered his knee, we would have some cover. Must get in a quality defender and midfielder in January. We won't though. As for Lambo, the guy has his hands tied re budget and wage limit. We are a nothing club going in circles. Merry christmas.

• Like 1

I find it extremely alarming that, with the exception of Delph, all of our young-ish players who played a key role last season have regressed. Westwood, Weimann, Lowton, Sylla... what exactly is going on at the training grounds?

• Like 2

Lacklustre today - you can mix some workmanlike players in amongst some quality, but 11 workmanlike players is not going to cut it

We are at least three decent players away from what is required just to be average

We won't do anything in the market in January

Keep attacking Lambert but I doubt any other manager could do any better with such a shit budget

I don't think there's many that could do much worse.

How did Adam do today VillaCas. 

I would at minimum expect Lambert to fashion a workmanlike team that was difficult to beat. It's now clear that is far beyond his capabilities.

We have no Plan A or Plan B. OK he has had to work on a shoestring budget but he manages to get good players playing poorly in unfathomable formations. I can accept that players have spells of poor form but the entire first team? Added to that some of the players he has bought are of very poor quality and are basically Championship players. The only slack I would cut hims is our much vaunted academy players are by and large out of their collective depth in the PL.

Another gripe: five bookings today, clearly he cannot impose discipline on the players either.

I fully expect us, given the way we are playing, to lose to both Palace and Swansea. That's when it will start to get ugly.

• Like 1

Bored and frustrated almost to tears with this team now, absolutely infuriating to watch and made all the worse by the massive sense of deja vu.

Yes we've been ravaged with injuries and it seems that every game we get the ref who is going for their clown of the month award - but how long can that go on for as a reasonable excuse?

They should have been a man down today and it would have been a different game, that or Crouch shouldve been carded and his "goal" disallowed, but outside of that we were still utterly dreadful. even our goal was gifted and not created.

We do try very hard and its hard to fault that, but we are technically one of the worst teams in the league. We can't retain possession, we barely put teams under pressure, we lose most of our 50/50 battles, our passing is beyond attrocious - what the **** do they even do in training? What is our plan A? We have absolutely no idea what to do when we've got the ball and they're so low in confidence they give it away at least half the time under very little pressure. Delph looks like our only midfielder who is premier league quality right now.

In addition we absolutely cannot win at home, so being poor away is very very concerning. Stoke didnt need to come out of the own half after they went a goal up today but we looked so deflated they decided they might as well anyway, presumably surprised at the lack of reaction.

I really can't be **** arsed to rate each player individually, they do not deserve it, much like we as fans don't deserve to have to sit and suffer through this shit every single week.

I don't mean to sound so reactionary - yes we were without Benteke, Gabby, Vlaar & Okore today but Stoke were dreadful and we made them look amazing.

Sick of having my weekends tarnished by this shit and now to make matters worse my wife is going to mock me for being upset for "only losing a game of football"!

Edited by KitKat
  • Like 3

Â