• Baker
    • Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Kozák
    • Weimann
    • Tonev
    • Bowery (for Tonev 67)
    • Bacuna (for Albrighton 81)

Answer the question. How have our value for money players been doing this season?

It's already been answered by somebody else - they're doing exactly what you'd expect from budget players.

It's completely irrelevant to Adam and Berbatov - both of whom are on wages way more than they're worth.

So the usual then. Not able to answer the question and then trying to move the goalposts. The question was totally relevant as it referred to part of your reply to the poster.

You remember there was that World War I truce on Christmas Day between the Germans and British troops. Just a thought... 

• Like 1

Answer the question. How have our value for money players been doing this season?

It's already been answered by somebody else - they're doing exactly what you'd expect from budget players.

It's completely irrelevant to Adam and Berbatov - both of whom are on wages way more than they're worth.

So the usual then. Not able to answer the question and then trying to move the goalposts. The question was totally relevant as it referred to part of your reply to the poster.

I just did answer your question. Perhaps you missed it:

they're doing exactly what you'd expect from budget players.

They're better value for money than the likes of Adam and Berbatov though. I'd rather have the kind of players we have on low wages than have Berbatov and Adam on really high wages. In Berbatov's case I think he could be on as much as 100k. I'd much rather have Kozak on 20k (or whatever he's on).

Edited by Mantis

Look Morpheus, no one gives a **** about Berbatov or Adam.

The fact that Lerner has put us in a position where we wouldn't even be able to try and get those players is a joke.

Lerner. Invest or **** off!

To be fair I wouldn't want us to be in for either of those players - they're just not value for money. I agree that Lambert needs more backing though.

How are our value for money players doing this season?

What's that got to do with Berbatov and Adam?

For reference.

I just did answer your question. Perhaps you missed it:

they're doing exactly what you'd expect from budget players.

They're better value for money than the likes of Adam and Berbatov though. I'd rather have the kind of players we have on low wages than have Berbatov and Adam on really high wages. In Berbatov's case I think he could be on as much as 100k. I'd much rather have Kozak on 20k (or whatever he's on).

Yet again you either edit posts or ignore the posts posters are referring to just to try and pull yourself out of a hole. On the previous page I even quoted you a second time and bolded the part which was relevant yet you chose to ignore it.  :lol:

its all very well saying we must stick together and all those kind of Superlatives that generate pressure off....we need some honest answers from Villa Park, what the hell is going on.

This........... and were in a big enough mess as it is without all the bickering and point scoring on here, please stop.

Edited by tinker

I said it earlier today on one of the threads and I will stand by it. Baker is not a top flight player.

Whist I agree I don't believe you should single Baker out. Of our starting XI yesterday I'd say only Guzan and Delph are PL quality. The likes of Herd KEA Tonev would struggle in The Championship! And when you witness the likes of Jordan Bowery come on to try and rescue a point, that's when you question the managers sanity

• Like 1

its all very well saying we must stick together and all those kind of Superlatives that generate pressure off....we need some honest answers from Villa Park, what the hell is going on.

This........... and were in a big enough mess as it is without all the bickering and point scoring on here, please stop.

What's going on is that the two centre backs that Lambert wanted as first choice are injured, and our best player (Benteke)is injured/out of form, isn't it?

What's going on is we have a small squad laden with lots of crap players. Hence when our 3 best players are out we're hopeless. Then again, some of our football this term has been atrocious even with the vlaars and gabbys of this world playing. A couple of freak results have papered over the cracks and put us in a false position. We are now hurtling towards the drop zone. Next 2 games are massive.

• Like 1

What's going on is that the two centre backs that Lambert wanted as first choice are injured, and our best player (Benteke)is injured/out of form, isn't it?

Why can't we spend £5-6m on a central midfielder, does Lambert feel we need one? If we are skint then whats the harm in just saying that, perhaps the CEO could say it and explain where we are in getting rid of the high earners and where we aim to be in terms of playing staff. Will we increase the spending, if we can't then whats the plan?

I can cope with been shit, I just need to know what the plan is to stop us being shit, where we are in this plan and where are we going, if there is a plan. UTV 

Â