Best / Favourite Christmas Movie

dAVe80

Good choices with Sim and Bad Santa. The only issue I have with the Sim version is the bastards colourised it and that seems the only version they ever show on TV. Colourising B&W films is a pet hate of mine, they **** ruin them with that shit. Everything just looks horribly garish.

My second favourite version of the story stars George C. Scott, absolutely brilliant - from about 1984, I think.

Yeah, i've never ever seen the colourised version and have absolutely no desire to do so, I have the B/W DVD version.

Agree about the George C.Scott version, very good indeed but Sim is the master.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Gremilins is set at Christmas too, which I always forget (although I just remembered now, obviously).

Off-topic. For any fans of Phoebe Cates (the girl in Gremlins), nice NSFW gif here: http://i44.tinypic.com/6743eh.jpg

I'm assuming linking to boobies is OK?

*Makes note of link, in case it's been deleted when home from work*

The Santa Clause or Bad Santa.

No...actually none of them they're all shit bahhhhhhh humbug

This year, just take 2 hours from your life and watch Love actually. At worst you'll lose two hours of your life but will at least be rewarded with God only knows. :) It's such a great film. And I definitely wouldn't count it as a chick flick, just english comedy/drama/romance at its best with some of the best actors you've got right now. Liam Neeson is in it. :)

The Santa Clause or Bad Santa.

No...actually none of them they're all shit bahhhhhhh humbug

This year, just take 2 hours from your life and watch Love actually. At worst you'll lose two hours of your life but will at least be rewarded with God only knows. :) It's such a great film. And I definitely wouldn't count it as a chick flick, just english comedy/drama/romance at its best with some of the best actors you've got right now. Liam Neeson is in it. :)

Or just watch something good for two hours instead.

Richard Curtis Aaaaaaghh!! Oh look, there's some slightly quirky middle class people doing slightly odd things whilst being terribly English about it all.  **** OFF!!!!

Sorry :blush: . Really don't like anything he's done (apart from Blackadder ofc).

Nah it is a nice feelgood Christmas movie. It is all terribly 'nice' with everyone having time and health and money and no problems but that's the reason it's feelgood.

Although it was some of the best actors from about 10 years ago.

I like Love, Actually. Keira *sigh*.

Me too.

Â