Is young and hungry over ?

smetrov

A lack of effort isn't something that can be criticised.

It's not the player's faults that they've been bought and are playing in the Prem. All of you would do it if you were offered. We just can't rely on younger players wholly. Injuries/suspensions to experienced players hasn't helped either.

Be careful with this " no lack of effort"  I'm not convinced either way.

we had a peripheral young player called David Evans many moons ago who wasn't particularly good. We was playing Ajax and he was asked to mark the great Johann Cryuff.David stuck to his task and marked him out of the game by not giving Cryuff a minutes peace. It can be done if the "Effort" is truly put in.

Our players in general are not of sufficient quality, i think we all agree on that, but there is no excuse for giving players like Berbatov the freedom of the park.

week in and week out we see opposition players (who have been struggling)getting MotM awards or getting their season back on track against us. I just can't see how our effort going in equates to opposition players gifted space.

running around the field aimlessly and not picking players up. is not my idea of giving "effort".you are not asking for sublime passing or world class movement, but we are now struggling to find players who can become a nuisance.

We simply allow opposition players far too much respect.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Our approach to transfers has been nothing short of a disaster and its responsible for putting together the worst squad of players I've ever seen.

The approach has been a complete failure and has now left us in a situation where we will have to replace most of our players if we ever want to be competitive again.

Its quite heartbreaking to see how awful we've become and what we're having to watch for the 4th consecutive season.

The club is a shambles from top to bottom. The worrying thing is I don't see this approach to transfers changing.

This approach can work but it's not easy and when hiring we are missing a key bit of criteria for these players and that is the ability to play football. They maybe young and hungry, but they have to have something about them too for it to work. A footballing skill-set if you will.

Sadly, like our last manager, it all seems to be about effort and desire and not about skill, technique or creativity.

It would be wrong to call it the Scottish way, but I have anyway.

Dortmund managed it with promising players and their point of view was that as the players were younger the fans would forgive them for their mistakes/cut them a bit of slack.

The problem is though their approach led to them being high in the table rather than 13th like us..

Â