Birmingham New Street

PauloBarnesi

there is a myth that its listed, been denied twice, they are trying again in 2016

i did a load of works in the BMAG and they told me loads about it and i got to ahve a look round, the BMAG itself is pretty embarrassing, beautiful building, i spent 2 years my company 8 years doing the roofs which were in shocking condition, there are loads of little offices and corridors that haven't been touched in 30/40 years, just got junk thrown in them, its grim, a good 20% of the building has just been left to rot

The old (new) New Street Station was absolutely terrible.  The first impression many got from entering the city was just a chaotic mass of people surrounded by walls with no natural light. I haven't been to New Street in ages but looking forward to see how it looks now. 

Edited by trekka

The old (new) New Street Station was absolutely terrible. The first impression many got from entering the city was just a chaotic mass of people surrounded by walls with no natural light. I haven't been to New Street in ages but looking forward to see how it looks now.

Better. Work to be done though. The old front is a building site now.

• Like 1

Â