The Walking Dead episode 2

Phumfeinz

They patched the season one/400 days saves not working, so I played through ep one last night. Bit disappointing. The new group of survivors seem very shallow so far, hopefully that'll come.

Did love the moment when you can ask the pregnant women whose baby it is, and as a whole throughout the episode really enjoyed that new edge on Clem's character. She's certainly becoming hardened.

And who returns in the next episode? Hmmmm

The difference is, I knew there names when they were introduced. These ones er...pregnant one is Rebecca, the kid is Sarah...the young guy you sit at the table with, the doctor, and the old guy though? No idea.

The difference is, I knew there names when they were introduced. These ones er...pregnant one is Rebecca, the kid is Sarah...the young guy you sit at the table with, the doctor, and the old guy though? No idea.

That's true. The only name I can remember is Nick and that's because I was super disappointed that he wasn't Kenny.

I'll tell you one word to describe this first episode...Brutal

And (Thing I found sad about the first episode)---

It was a sad moment when I had to kill that dog, I'm guessing, as the bite was an integral part of the plot, that there wasn't a choice in the matter but still, got me in the feels bro

• 2 months later...

Finished the second episode today. I think its their best one yet. The choices really felt like they mattered straight away which was one of the problems with season 1.

It'll be interesting to see if the characters that are 'saved' end up being more involved or if they get the carly and Doug treatment.

• 4 months later...

What a **** great game this is! 

If you're reading this and haven't tried it yet (the first episode is free on Xbox Live/PSN) then stop what you're doing and play this game!

I started off watching a walk-through on Youtube of the first couple of episodes and decided I wanted to try different things and go down different story paths then the Youtuber was doing. I was hooked.

Then season 1 ended and had me tearing up (which I assume happened to most people) and this second season has been great so far as well.

The conditions for Clementine and just getting worse and worse and the way they just ended episode 4 of season 2....Just can't wait for the next episode now.

Good news is Telltale games have confirmed there will be a season 3, so that is great news.  

What a **** great game this is! 

If you're reading this and haven't tried it yet (the first episode is free on Xbox Live/PSN) then stop what you're doing and play this game!

I started off watching a walk-through on Youtube of the first couple of episodes and decided I wanted to try different things and go down different story paths then the Youtuber was doing. I was hooked.

Then season 1 ended and had me tearing up (which I assume happened to most people) and this second season has been great so far as well.

The conditions for Clementine and just getting worse and worse and the way they just ended episode 4 of season 2....Just can't wait for the next episode now.

Good news is Telltale games have confirmed there will be a season 3, so that is great news.  

If you're really enjoying it I recommend you try out The Wolf Among Us. I actually enjoyed that more than I've enjoyed season 2 so far.

• 5 weeks later...

Haven't read through this thread in fear of spoilers. Finished 400 Days last week (wasn't hugely impressed, but it was after all just an intro to Season 2) and started Episode 1 today, I'm impressed so far. Already seems like it's going to be a little more action orientated than the first game.

Expected a slow start to introduce you into the new game, but fifteen minutes in Omid is dead and I've murdered a dog..

I'm hoping season 3 follows someone new. To me the biggest appeal of the zombie apocalypse setting is that there are just so many great stories that can be told. They can have some crossover locations or near misses so it doesn't all feel new. 

Same here.   There were some fourth wall moments in season 2 when it almost seemed the developers were admitting it was weird that so many of the groups decisions were based on the whims of an eleven year old girl.    Loved the final episode by the way, Season 2 was a lot better than I initially feared it would be. 

Thought Episode 5 was brilliant, ended up with a 22% decision comparative for the last one in the game and was considering it for the rest of the night - always the sign for me of a cracking game where you are still thinking about it long after you put the controller down... haven't had that since I took the heart-wrenching decision to kill Paarthurnax.

• 1 month later...
Â