Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Id persist with Benteke.

Id go Benteke up front.

Tonev and Albrighton on the wings

Herd Delph and Westwood in midfield with Delph in an advanced role. Back four picks itself unfortunately.

Guzan

Lowton - Clark- Baker - Luna

Herd    Westwood

Delph

Albrighton                 Tonev

Benteke

Guzan

Lowton Clark baker Luna

Westwood delph

Bacuna Albrighton Weiman

benteke

Chose Albrighton in central role as he has pace, ability to dribble past people on either side and not scared to shoot

Edited by dakid007

Narrow Stoke win for me. I would've fancied us to have gotten something from it had Vlaar and Gabby been fit but I have little confidence in the defence without Vlaar's presence. Nor can I see us producing much offensively without Gabby who is probably the key component to our counter-attacking game away. Weimann will no doubt take his place and I think Benteke will start again which only reinforces my belief that we'll draw another blank. We are so impotent at the moment that I really don't think it will make much difference whether Shawcross is out for them or not.

Anyway, the team I'd go for:

Guzan

Lowton Herd Clark Bacuna

KEA Westwood Delph

Albrighton Kozak Tonev

I assume Herd will be fit again and I'd have him back in for the simple fact that he isn't Baker who after a good performance at Southampton, has been a complete and utter liability in the last two games. If Herd isn't fit, then Donacien. I have little confidence in Luna's defensive ability either so I'd rather Bacuna at LB.

The usual midfield three with Delph back. I was tempted to go with Gardner for Westwood but it might be a little soon to start him. Would like to see him reintroduced from the bench for a game or two.

Albrighton must keep his place. Tonev to replace Gabby and Kozak must start ahead of Benteke for the basic reason that he actually looks like he might score at some point.

I'll go for 1-0 Stoke. Crouch with the winner from a corner.

Edited by Isa

Guzan

Lowton Clark baker Luna

Westwood delph

Bacuna Albrighton Weiman

benteke

Chose Albrighton in central role as he has pace, ability to dribble past people on either side and not scared to shoot

Herd had a decent game against Fulham so i think he might play at cb. I think also Albrighton will be more useful on the wing providing the crosses for Benteke.

Guzan

Lowton Clark baker Luna

Westwood delph

Bacuna Albrighton Weiman

benteke

I like this one best of the few on this page.

Why?

It has no Tonev in it.

Guzan

Lowton Clark baker Luna

Westwood delph

Bacuna Albrighton Weiman

benteke

I like this one best of the few on this page.

Why?

It has no Tonev in it.

aside from his comedy shooting he hasn't looked that bad, only player to have put in a decent cross before Albrighton came back

Why is Bowery coming into the reckoning all of a sudden. He hasn't started a league game this season even when we had Benteke, Weimann and Gabby out.

Since he played well last year against them. Don't understand that reasoning myself, but that's it.

VillanousOne: Albrighton should be in, but I would put both Benteke and Weimann in there instead of Tonev. They have to start producing, sitting them on the bench won't help.

I suppose Tonev hasn't caused any goals in our end or anything like that, but he hasn't done anything worth mentioning in the other end either. He's not a starter. If anything, he can be a surprise sub.

Edited by AVTuco

Why is Bowery coming into the reckoning all of a sudden. He hasn't started a league game this season even when we had Benteke, Weimann and Gabby out.

Since he played well last year against them. Don't understand that reasoning myself, but that's it.

very tenuous line of reasoning i think.