Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

The defence is made up of League One/Championship standard players.

The midfield is made up of League One/Championship standard players.

The attack is made up of players who can't score goals but should be a better standard than what they are showing.

The manager has achieved nothing in the top flight.

We have the budget of a Championship team.

That is why we are complete dross.

Ok, I'm a Villa fan. I support the manager whoever he is, I even gave McLeish a chance for 3 games.

But I'm done with the Lambert regime. I don't see any progression. I don't even see a team that can get the basics right. We are looking like we did when we lost to Bradford last season.

I fear that we are the one team that will plummet down the table this season.

No idea who our manager should be but I don't see anything in Lambert's management that fills me with confidence. He's another Owen Coyle.

Its Lerner's regime that is killing us.
Yup.

He had to get rid of high earners and build a quad of not good enough youth and bargain buys on low wages.

If this is the best that a manager could have done with the funds available I dread to think what would have happened if we didn't get Lambert. We'd probably be in League 2 already.

The attack is made up of players who can't score goals but should be a better standard than what they are showing.

Yet you continue to ostracise the manager when you acknowledge what he has to work with? 

You do know that rebuilding the squad was a task created by the board and Lerner, don't you? Lambert didn't just think it would be fun to spend £40m on an entire team, it was his only option.

• Like 2

Ok, I'm a Villa fan. I support the manager whoever he is, I even gave McLeish a chance for 3 games.

But I'm done with the Lambert regime. I don't see any progression. I don't even see a team that can get the basics right. We are looking like we did when we lost to Bradford last season.

No idea who our manager should be but I don't see anything in Lambert's management that fills me with confidence. He's another Owen Coyle.

Yup.

He had to get rid of high earners and build a quad of not good enough youth and bargain buys on low wages.

If this is the best that a manager could have done with the funds available I dread to think what would have happened if we didn't get Lambert. We'd probably be in League 2 already.

We have a decent first team, but like I said when I made the relegation thread - we don't have anything near enough beyond that, which is where my worries came from.

Yeah his tactics were class against Bradford last season. They are on a shoestring as well yeah!!!

Yup.