Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

Get us three points, I don't care how. Play piss poor and win 1-0. Just three points. I think that 3-2 win over Chelsea is flattering Stoke - they are not a good team and they have a horrible manager.

Hopefully Vlaar will be back.

Were awesome away some a glorious return to form here.

4-4-2 - with Marc and Tonev either side of Westwood and Delph. Vlaar to return (please please pretty please)

And Kozak and Benteke upfront.

Think Kozak will enjoy playing with Albrighton going for both big men up top to score and them to get obligatory goal to make it a painful last 10 mins. 2-1 to the Villa

Were awesome away some a glorious return to form here.

4-4-2 - with Marc and Tonev either side of Westwood and Delph. Vlaar to return (please please pretty please)

And Kozak and Benteke upfront.

Think Kozak will enjoy playing with Albrighton going for both big men up top to score and them to get obligatory goal to make it a painful last 10 mins. 2-1 to the Villa

Kozak and Benteke? That would be like playing Crouch and Kenwyne Jones, won't work.

Also a classic, flat 4-4-2 haven't been working since the 90's.

Edited by villalad21

I'd like to see some kind of 4-3-1-2, with Albrighton free to move to whichever side he needs to get some crosses in. So:

Goose

Lowton    Clark         Baker    Luna

KEA        Westwood     Delph

Albrighton

Benteke          Kozak

Obviously, if Vlaar is fit, then swap Baker out for him. I think that, even though Luna had a shocker against Utd, he needs to stay in the squad. Stoke aren't Utd, and it helps actually having a LB playing at LB so we have some balance. With that formation, we'll have some height in there, and a few opportunities for crosses (Lowton and Albrighton). I'd be tempted to try Bacuna as a RM instead of KEA just for some added strength, but I think it should be a matter of starting with that line up and seeing how it goes.

Get us three points, I don't care how. Play piss poor and win 1-0. Just three points.

This.

In fact I'd be **** ecstatic if we could do this at home instead of gifting 3 points to virtually everyone.

• Like 1

With Vlaar - win

Without - defeat

Also Albrighton should start.

close to my opinion....

with Vlaar - win

without Vlaar - draw

no real basis, I just prefer optimism.  :)

Is that optimism my friend?

Looks like a draw to me.

With Vlaar - win

Without - defeat

Also Albrighton should start.

close to my opinion....

with Vlaar - win

without Vlaar - draw

no real basis, I just prefer optimism.  :)

Is that optimism my friend?

Looks like a draw to me.

Based on our form in the last couple, it's both a draw and optimism. :)

----------------Guzan--------------

Lowton---Vlaar---Clark---Baker

--------Herd---------Delph--------

--Albrighton--Bacuna--Tonev--

-----------------Benteke-----------

If everyone is fit. Give Bacuna a chance a little further forward and drop Westwood for Herd (extra bite in midfield). 

Vlaar said: "Like any other player, I do everything possible to remain at peak fitness but I felt my calf during the first half at St Mary's and it really stiffened up at half-time so there was no point in continuing.

"I was just delighted that the lads emerged from a very difficult game with all three points after a remarkable 3-2 win.

"Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm back because I remember how infuriating it was to be incredibly awful the team were when I was out of action last winter."

Stoke, CP and Swansea ... 5 points as a minumum from that lot should be the requirement.

Unfortunately though, I am reading it all, as Vlaar won't be ready for Stoke, so unless we can score 3, we won't win.

I'd settle for a draw against Stoke.

Recon we'll do a 4-4-2

Lowton-Baker-Clark-Luna

West-Kea-Delph-Tonev

Albrighton-Kozak