Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

2-0 loss.

We go again

Or just give up. This not tell u that is squad is is light and not good enough? People bang on about why he didn't sign this player or that bottom line is group too small and needs quality.
I don't think I've banged on about signing any player. Certainly not in the post you have quoted.

Our wins this season, in general, seem to come from a bit of luck defensively and having a bit of quality up front from nowhere - such as a Bacuna free kick. Those things don't come along very often and our defence is absolutely dreadful. We will make Stoke look like Brazil passing wise.

I was talking in general terms. But isn't that how most games are won.....by being lucky/good at back and scoring at other end? I reckon few teams below us in table wouldn't mind that. Defence isn't great especially with vlaar missing but I'm not as negative as you and I don't think we will see a Brazil type performance from them either.

My point was that there has not been a game we've won this season, that I can remember us being the better team, where you can come away thinking we fully deserved the three points.

Stoke have better players, and are at home. We fluked a win last year thanks to a strike that Lowton couldn't reproduce in a million years. And this year we are now struggling to even get a shot on target. Easy Stoke win, and we go again.

What are stoke good at or what threat do they carry?

Well this season they seem better than us at passing the ball and I guess they'll still be a danger from set pieces.
So you need height at the back where possible and especially at the back post so dropping baker could never be an option for this fixture. Agree?
100℅ agree. He was awful in the last game but there's no other option. This game should suit him more.
Depends if that 'height' is going to give away stupid free kicks in dangerous positions, pass the ball to the opposition and score stupid own goals, I guess.

Are u just going to respond to every post I make with negativity? I'm discussing the team and why certain players might play in certain positions. I get it.....u don't rate baker I don't think he's great either. I also don't think weimann is playing well but a team still has to be picked.

No, I'm responding to your posts with my opinion. A discussion. I'd wager that Baker has to be picked as we have no other defenders - as the defence was ignored over strikers in the summer.

Enjoy the game today.

Or weimann?

He used to have composure when striking the ball, but seems to snatch at it lately. I'm sure its just a confidence thing though.

I think Andi in his present state could work well in that sort of position relying on his instincts. Using him where he had time and space on the ball is not so great at the mo.

Smashing a loose ball home could be just the ticket however.

2-1 to the Villa today

Edited by StanBalaban

-------------------Guzan-------------------

--Lowton---Baker---Clark---Luna------

------Delph---Westwood--Kea----------

---Albrighton--Benteke----Weimann--

Or Lambert will just swap Benteke with Kozak. If Vlaar is back, Baker at LB. We need size against Stoke.

That's what I'd go with as well. Can't believe some people are suggesting Herd or Sylla instead of KEA

Baker is more physical/better in the air. Clark is a better footballer. Wouldn't Baker CB, Clark LB make more sense?

It didn't first half west brom tho. 6 of one...half a dozen of the other.....
I think it depends who we're playing though. If we're worried about the other team's strength/aerial threat (e.g. today/Everton) then i'd have Baker at CB.

2-0 loss.

We go again

Or just give up. This not tell u that is squad is is light and not good enough? People bang on about why he didn't sign this player or that bottom line is group too small and needs quality.
I don't think I've banged on about signing any player. Certainly not in the post you have quoted.

Our wins this season, in general, seem to come from a bit of luck defensively and having a bit of quality up front from nowhere - such as a Bacuna free kick. Those things don't come along very often and our defence is absolutely dreadful. We will make Stoke look like Brazil passing wise.

I was talking in general terms. But isn't that how most games are won.....by being lucky/good at back and scoring at other end? I reckon few teams below us in table wouldn't mind that. Defence isn't great especially with vlaar missing but I'm not as negative as you and I don't think we will see a Brazil type performance from them either.

My point was that there has not been a game we've won this season, that I can remember us being the better team, where you can come away thinking we fully deserved the three points.

Stoke have better players, and are at home. We fluked a win last year thanks to a strike that Lowton couldn't reproduce in a million years. And this year we are now struggling to even get a shot on target. Easy Stoke win, and we go again.

Debateable whether Stoke have better players. I Personally don't think so. Fluked is the wrong word. it was a wonderful goal but he produced something a little similar earlier in the season.

Baker is more physical/better in the air. Clark is a better footballer. Wouldn't Baker CB, Clark LB make more sense?

I think Clark is the better player overall and and to have Baker and Herd at cbs maybe would make that area even weaker. 

-------------------Guzan-------------------

--Lowton---Baker---Clark---Luna------

------Delph---Westwood--Kea----------

---Albrighton--Benteke----Weimann--

Or Lambert will just swap Benteke with Kozak. If Vlaar is back, Baker at LB. We need size against Stoke.

That's what I'd go with as well. Can't believe some people are suggesting Herd or Sylla instead of KEA
Benteke injured. Herd is decent in air. Luna would be suspect at back post. That's why baker might be best fit for that one. KEA not been great wouldn't start him either.

Is Benteke definitely out then ? If Vlaar was fit then I'd drop Luna and keep Baker and Clark in for the height. Are you suggesting that Herd might play full back then ?

Baker at left back means we'll be attacking from the right flank mainly, or at least I hope so, Baker needs to ensure he doesn't try and run past the half way.

He just needs to keep it simple and feed Tonev. if Tonev plays on the left

Edited by PaulC

Baker at left back means we'll be attacking from the right flank mainly, or at least I hope so, Baker needs to ensure he doesn't try and run past the half way.

Agreed, in a way it gives Tonev a bit more freedom as he won't be having to fill in for Baker very much at all I'd hope. I also think from what I've seen of Tonev that he is decent at tracking back and putting a tackle in, probably the best part of his game from what I've witnessed IMO.

Agreed, in a way it gives Tonev a bit more freedom as he won't be having to fill in for Baker very much at all I'd hope. I also think from what I've seen of Tonev that he is decent at tracking back and putting a tackle in, probably the best part of his game from what I've witnessed IMO.

We haven't see the best of Tonev yet have we. We just need one of his shots to go in and he will be a different player.

he  just needs to stop making major mistakes every game. 50+ matches already and sorry he doesn't look like  a prem player for me.

he  just needs to stop making major mistakes every game. 50+ matches already and sorry he doesn't look like  a prem player for me.

Still only 22 though!