Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

roonst83

With the annual raping from Man Utd out the way, we've now got a difficult game away to Stoke. Good news is Delph and possibly Vlaar should hopefully return. Bad news is that Gabby is suspended for picking up his 5th yellow against United.

Need to take points from this game - Stoke will come out at us i'm sure. I'd keep Lowton and Albrighton in the starting XI. Can see Lambert maybe dropping Benteke or he may opt for the two big dogs up top to compete with Stoke's giants. If so we must must must utilise Albrighton and Lowton for their crossing.

Edited by roonst83

Can see us losing if Vlaar is out again. Clark has been decent for the most part this season, but the rest of that backline is a liability. Stoke will go above us with a win and ill predict they'll get it after another embarrassing Villa performance, this board will rightfully go into meltdown and we'll see the Relegation thread reopened.

Seems odd to say but I'm glad Ireland won't be playing for them, he's been doing well there. If Vlaar's back and with Delph's return I think we'll do OK. Need to see a good reaction and preferably all three points. I genuinely fear for us if Vlaar doesn't return.

Seems odd to say but I'm glad Ireland won't be playing for them, he's been doing well there. If Vlaar's back and with Delph's return I think we'll do OK. Need to see a good reaction and preferably all three points. I genuinely fear for us if Vlaar doesn't return.

We do look horribly weak without Vlaar - our defence can header all day but when we play against forwards with movement we just completely melt. Both Baker and Clark need Vlaar next to them to bring the best out of them. Much like when we had Curtis Davies - he looked excellent at times when he was next to Laursen, yet very suspect when Laursen was out. I realise that we've currently got out 3rd and 4th choice CB's at the helm right now - and as much as they've both got better this year - they're not good enough as a pairing to compete against most forwards in the Prem. 

I think Vlaar will be fit by then, he was nearly fit for today's game wasn't he?

Reckon we will win, think we should win, hope we do win.

3 points from Stoke will keep on taking us further away from those bottom 3 spots, which is the most important thing right now. I would take a point however, they seem quite good at home.

Edited by samjp26