Random players who always have good games against us

VillaChris

• 1 month later...

Odemwingie's always a pain in the backside when we play against him...score a couple against us in his WBA days and now the crucial equaliser today although he has had a good start at Stoke.

Infact the whole of the Stoke team are a pain, just 2 wins in 12 games against them since they were promoted. Pretty much the new Leicester for us nowadays.

Stand by for the Antonio Valencia show next week...

• Like 1

After yesterday Charlie Adam.

Peter f***ing Crouch

Yep. Still Peter f***ing Crouch

I thought Crouch but in fairness I don't think he's actually scored that many against us over the years, might be wrong but might have to go back to his Liverpool days for the last time he last scored against us and he's had a few clubs since then.

Aaah well.....

• 5 months later...

Knew Welbeck would score his first arsenal goal against us gutted I didn't back it for some consolation.

Hear that on Motd? Wenger has only lost once at VP. Some record that..

Last week they said Wilshire has scored more goals at VP than he has at emirates.

First time Ozil scores outside of emirates

Knew Welbeck would score his first arsenal goal against us gutted I didn't back it for some consolation.

Last week they said Wilshire has scored more goals at VP than he has at emirates.

First time Ozil scores outside of emirates

And yet our record playing them away is ok. Same goes for Liverpool as well.

I wish we could play away every week.

Matthew Le Tissier!! Always scored against us back in the 90's.

Not 100% sure on this one but didn't Mick Quinn score against us a lot too?

*edit* just checked and he scored twice against us on NYD one season but swear he scored a few in his time against us.

Edited by Villan4Life

think thats just vs Villa, he lost a few semi finals at Villa Park vs United

think that win was 98 wasnt it?

Yep they went 2-0 up with Bergkamp goals, then JG bought on Collymore and we absolutely hammered them in the second half, 3-2.

The game is more famous for the parachuting santa incident than anything else.  Half time lasted about an hour because of that.   

We do have a bloody good record at the Emirates though, we've won 3 and drawn 2 of our visits since they moved there in 2007. Can't be many teams who have a better record than that. 

Edited by The_Rev

Yeah slowandlow got there before me. Wenger has lost at Villa Park against Aston Villa twice. On the last day of 97/98 Dwight Yorke chipped a penalty past David Seaman in a 1-0 win, as well as the 3-2 game you lot have mentioned. Can't trust MOTD stats. 

The game is more famous for the parachuting santa incident than anything else.  Half time lasted about an hour because of that.   

We do have a bloody good record at the Emirates though, we've won 3 and drawn 2 of our visits since they moved there in 2007. Can't be many teams who have a better record than that. 

also a recent record at Anfield is also very impressive, 1 defeat in 6 seasons and that was when Houllier threw in the towel

though not a player but when was the last time we beat Spurs? must be at least 2008

New years day 2008, Mellberg and a late winner from Laursen.  The same season as our epic 4-4 at White Hart Lane.  They are currently 13 unbeaten against us with 9 wins and 4 draws. They have won the last 5. 

Â