• El Ahmadi
    • Sylla
    • Benteke
    • Albrigthon
    • Agbonlahor
    • Weimann (for Sylla 62)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 79)
    • Bacuna (for El Ahmadi 86)

Albrighton MOTM. We badly missed Delph. Benteke was rubbish again. We started off well for the first twelve minutes and then it was too easy for them for their goals. United weren't even particularly impressive. They were there for the taking which is disappointing.

• Like 1

did anyone else think we roughed them up? the lowton tackle wasnt a great one but he was rightly booked

thought the ref gave them some incredibly soft "european" fouls (wait for contact then fall over) there was 3/4 occasions when they got up and started some chest bumping bollocks, plenty of them surrounding the ref and evra doing his usual pitch length sprints to ref the game

gabby on de gea being a prime example, not a foul, nothing wrong with it, de gea is a dick, utd somehow get gabby booked, yet we were roughing them up?

did anyone else think we roughed them up? the lowton tackle wasnt a great one but he was rightly booked

thought the ref gave them some incredibly soft "european" fouls (wait for contact then fall over) there was 3/4 occasions when they got up and started some chest bumping bollocks, plenty of them surrounding the ref and evra doing his usual pitch length sprints to ref the game

gabby on de gea being a prime example, not a foul, nothing wrong with it, de gea is a dick, utd somehow get gabby booked, yet we were roughing them up?

I think there were a few 'frustration' tackles towards the end, but no I don't think we were particularly dirty.

just a few observations:

• It wasn't so much the defeat, it was the depressing manner of it, but our Home form is now getting beyond a joke and In my view getting very serious indeed.
  • Our game centre's around the centre halves ....we simply could not afford to lose Vlaar....Delph just compounded the issue.
  • our Goals for ,have been masking over poor technique and method for a long time, when the goals dry up our form takes a massive dip...this current team performance is a shadow of the team that played at the Emirates.
  • It seems like we are in a constant flux of transition and despite the obvious indicators we have been incapable of winning against Man U for far too long....This "we need time" is wearing thin. We seem completely devoid of the mental approach needed to even take them on.
  • In the game on Sunday, they closed us down at every opportunity and got in our faces, in return we gave them acres of space to play in....Even lower league teams can make it hard for you. There are simply too many excuses in relation to poor performance and too many myths like " can't fault the effort"  one pundit reckoned Sylla was lazy when criticising his distance from an opponent.
  • Benteke ...In all the time I have watched the Villa I have never seen a player reach such heights and then achieve the magnitude of such lows.

I am not advocating the removal of the manager, but I think some of his statements are wearing thin and I also think some of the references to our progress have an air of desperation about them....much more of this and I think he could be in a bit of trouble...the home form I suspect could be his undoing.

ps I think the game was probably worse than most admit too, they were snappy in the tackle we was tentative, I also believe after the third goal they turned it in to a training session. we got off lightly really could have been 5or 6

Edited by TRO

Â