• Agbonlahor
    • Weimann (for Sylla 62)
    • Kozák (for Benteke 79)
    • Bacuna (for El Ahmadi 86)

Guzan: 5 - beaten at his near post
Lowton: 5 - has stopped getting fwd as much, better than Bacuna though
Baker: 3 - gets worse each game
Clark: 5 - average but not dreadful
Luna: 3 - you'd be better off with a furby at left back - needs more midfield protection though
Sylla: 4 - Useless most of the time

Westwood: 5 - Gave it a good go
KEA: 5 - Also worked hard
Albrighton: 7 - best player by a mile, ran, crossed and attacked
Gabby: 5 - Industry but no end product
Benteke: 0 - On this form there is just no point him being on the pitch

Subs all 4.

Edited by VillanousOne

The players are not good enough to play for this club..complete load of shit the whole team..

You cant buy lower league players and players from shit leagues abroad and expect them to be up for the PL

Gonna take a miracle to even stay up if so many players in the team keeps on performing like clueless muppets!!

• Like 1

Poor, listless performance against United once more.  Thankfully the results over this weekend have left us still in 11th though.

The next set of fixtures are very important however.  Albrighton's got to start, and I think Kozak get the nod over Benteke.  Will be great to have Delph back in midfield.

If there is a deal in place for Benteke to move on then I think it will benefit the team as we are very short on quality. Some very sloppy play, basic mistakes and the inability to play simple passes have highlighted the need for better players, otherwise we could easily get sucked into the lower rungs of the table again.

• Like 2

Absolutely woeful performance, I'm surprised we only conceded 3. 

Rolled over and took it up the arse for Man Utd as usual. Eighteen years and counting since we last beat them at Villa Park in the league, which is a truly embarassing statistic. But to lose to possibly the worst Man Utd side in a generation in that manner is just difficult to take.

Doesn't matter who the opposition is, there is no excuse for complete incompetency and lack of effort. Pathetic.

It seems to me that either Lambert doesn't know what he's doing or the players simply aren't listening to him (who knows, maybe it's both). Slightly concerned that we won't have the fight in us that we showed at the end of the last season to dig ourselves out of the trouble it seems we're heading for...

Quite true. The opposition were Fulham last week and we made them look like Barcelona but they got spanked yesterday by a team that are not as clueless as us!

I complained on here before the match that Souness was asked " are villa flattered by their position in the league"

But now looking at the league and recalling our awful performances this season The question I think was justified.

How are there 9 worse teams than us?

• Like 1

Very poor game. We have to defend better to have any chance in games. Today was just abyssmal in that regard. Vlaar is so missed. Luna was poor, even if Westwood didn't help him at all. Baker terrible, Clark somehow invisible. Manu didn't attack down our right at all, and yet Lowton's performance was below par.

Albrighton, I didn't think so much of him, but at least he tried. Gabby aswell, except for the end, he couldn't give a ****.

Very hard to pick a MotM.

Edited by AVTuco

albrighton good to ok w as cutting inside a lot and showed a lot more to his game than just crossing

everyone else not good enough

baker, awful, doesn't look up to the job so far needs to really step his game up ,that, donacien should come in, or new cover in January.

luna also awful, but had zero protection so difficult to tell just how bad he was

2 of the goals gifted to them from our bad passes :( sometimes it is ok to hoof it up or out

Albrighton our best player.

I see what lambert is trying to do but the player he has brought i am begining to doubt, even benteke now looks useless :(

We have 4 winnable games in next 4 games need 6+ points from them or can see lambert getting sack tbh

Annoyingly predictable.

Manure on a shit run

Welleck hasn't scored since the first game of the season

Cleverly hasn't scored for over a year and has been shit

All pointed to routine manure win , Welleck being on a hat trick and cleverly looking like messi

This.

Im struggling to be angry as this was utterly predictable. We had a good 10 minutes and then caved once they scored. Our players cannot compete with the likes of Valencia, Rooney and seemingly Welbeck which doesn't bode well at all.The only positives that I could see were Albrighton playing well and we showed at times glimpses of our passing game and trying to keep the ball as opposed to hoofing it.

Stoke ganme is massive.

Marc was streets ahead of every other Villa player. He must keep his place.

We miss Vlaar massively.

Never looked liked getting back in it once they scored on 15 minutes.

What's a year between friends when it's added on to 18 :(

3 mistakes. 3 goals.

Baker and Clark are not first choice centre backs for a reason but situation dictates otherwise. Promising start to the game with some decent chances but once United got the goal they began to take over.

Frustrating naivety in defence at times as Westwood and Gabby failed to cover Luna who was run ragged with 2 v 1 situations.

Benteke was shocking. Ruined some potentially good attacking play.

Albrighton played well from an average at times display. Certainly no need for panic stations as there was some promising play at times.

I think our biggest problem is procession and movement. And scoring. And defending.

We can't keep the ball, we don't move off the ball, we don't play high enough up the pitch and we don't track runners when the opposition attack. I can not think of a single thing we are good at.

Not a single Villa player would be on any watch list of the top 15 in the premier league. They are all average Championship players.

Remember the "you don't villa anything with Kids" game in 1995? Man U still had Parker, Irwin, Keane, McClair, Pallister and Schmeichel in that team. We have 27 year old Gabby as our senior man. Not the man to look up to is he? 

Â