Yorke would like to become Villa Manager one day

Villan4Life

Not sure if this is correct forum, or in Other Football?

Thoughts on what Yorke is saying?

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2013/12/13/i-want-top-job-at-aston-villa-says-dwight-yorke/

The Holte End hero wants to be a future claret and blues’ boss and underlined his love for the club.

Yorke left Villa for Manchester United for £12.6m in 1998 – a move which led to then manager John Gregory saying he wanted to shoot the striker because he was so angry.

But ahead of United’s visit on Sunday the Trinidad and Tobago international insisted he wants to return as top dog.

“One day I will come back and manage the football club. That's how I feel. I have always believed that,” he said.

"My time at Villa got overshadowed in the eyes of some people because I went to Man United. But I know deep down this is my club.

"It's the first result I check for. I am more of a Villa fan than a Man United fan, even though my association at Old Trafford is also great. Villa is very, very close to my heart.

"They were fantastic years in claret and blue. I played with great players and under great managers.

"I have so many great memories of my time at Villa Park. Of course, my biggest achievement was winning the League Cup in 1996 and scoring at Wembley. Things don't come much better than that.

"I just had the time of my life at Villa.”

Yorke netted 97 goals in 294 games for Villa and was the club’s record Premier League scorer before Gabby Agbonlahor eclipsed him last season.

And he insisted his switch to United – where he won the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup within a year – did not dampen his feelings for Villa.

"It was very difficult for me to leave but I needed a new challenge. I had done everything I could at Villa,” he said.

"But don't let anyone question my affection and affiliation with this football club and the fantastic fans.

"I love coming back now too, the respect I receive is amazing. The supporters are so warm and welcoming.

"I'd like to think, with the passing of time, that the anger has gone. I'd hope so.

"I remember the comment from Gregs at the time. He wasn't serious, well, I hope not.”

Edited by Villan4Life

Loved him when he was here, but if you love the club as much as he says he does, he wouldn't have kissed the united badge when scoring against us and don't sign for the scum.

He also said if i remember correctly that Birmingham was/or was potentially a bigger club than Villa

Edited by Villan4Life

If he can go and prove himself to be a brilliant manager elsewhere first, then I'd have no problem with it. If he expects to walk into the job someday based on his reputation as a player, he can do one. 

Edit: For the record, I don't think it very likely he'll prove himself a great manager elsewhere. 

Edited by Danwichmann

Loved him as a player but can still picture him kissing the badge in front of us at Old Trafford. 

Doesn't strike me as management material and given his choice of girfiends I doubt he'd chose a decent assistant either.

It's not the leaving, that has tarnished his villa image, it's the manner in which he left and the clearly uninterested view he has had of villa ever since.

No thanks Dwight, try old Trafford.

Â