Film of the year 2013

donnie

Sightseers was seen for me this year but if we're being technical I have no idea, probably only Gravity or Blue Jasmine for this year - hardly seen many new films. It seems I may well need to see A Field in England again :(, had such a contrasting reaction to everyone I know. 

fid12749.jpg

Along with Stoker and A Field in England.

Really enjoyed Gravity and Place Beyond the Pines but they'd be more in the 'also rans' category.

Not sure how I missed this one (I think work commitments have hampered my ability to keep up this year) but I'll be checking it out as I've a growing admiration for Ozon. Having just read up on it my first reaction was "a French Ruby Sparks, then?" But I suspect I'm probably wide of the mark ;)

My instinctive reaction was that Berberian would be my favourite film of the year but to my shock it was released August 2012! Going to have to put my thinking cap on to think what I've enjoyed most this year.

Honourable mentions to Wreck it Ralph, Robot & Frank, Frances Ha, Zero Dark Thirty and Mud but I think the film I've enjoyed the most would be Place Beyond the Pines.

(Can't quite believe how many films I've missed this year).

Haven't seen too many new films this year. Was about to say Flight, but I think that was last year. So my film of the year 2013 must go to:

Captain Phillips.

For now. It might change once I realise what other films I've seen this year that was released this year too. But as I can't even think of one I guess there was no better than that one.

Skyfall?

Place beyond the pines was a bit meh for me ..

Gravity - nowhere near as good as buried  ..visually stunning though

Prisoners was a good shout  .. No golden globe nomination for Jackman I see  ..the film co obviouly didn't put the brown envelope in place

but best film for me this year was ...... Rush

Â