Villa Park at full capacity

skarroki

just literally thought today about the man Utd game and I was thinking how a few years ago we could have expected a full ground for this game, but after a bit of digging I couldn't find any games with a full crowd for this game, which got me thinking:

When was the last time Villa Park actually sold out?

Can you remember any games you went to which were full capacity which were particularly good atmospheres or good games?

22/05/2011 v Liverpool. Final day of the season. Attendance was 42,785.

Surely there have been more 'official attendance sell outs' since then?

I've no way of knowing whether something was classed as an 'official attendance sell-out'.  I'm just going on whether the attendance ~matched the capacity.

This will be a sellout because all the posh fans will come out and bring their friends for a "day out"...."O yes we have a football club near us, it's a short bentley drive away, they're playing Man United I believe today,....dear get the spare season tickets out the draw" plus all the locals in that area are Man U fans.

Edited by villan_007

We sold out against Liverpool on Easter Sunday this year too in which was the worst atmosphere I have ever witnessed at a full Villa Park.

Yes I agree, but strangely it followed the sunderland game which was one of the best atmospheres at vp (along with qpr 3-2) I have witnessed for years.

We sold out against Liverpool on Easter Sunday this year too in which was the worst atmosphere I have ever witnessed at a full Villa Park.

Yes I agree, but strangely it followed the sunderland game which was one of the best atmospheres at vp (along with qpr 3-2) I have witnessed for years.

Yeah they were both great. Took some Germans to the Liverpool game so I chose the wrong one for every reason.

absolutely loved the QPR and Sunderland games! most fun I've had at villa park in a long long while. I just wondered really as I think the Chelsea one was the first game we had more than 42k, not sold out but close, and it wasn't better, almost as if the more turn up the more subdued it becomes

btw i want to ask something... why is there often so many empty seats in the middle of the Trinity Road Stand?

Those are the seats of the 'prawn sandwich brigade' ie: corporate ,expensive, 3 course pre-match meal seats.

Whenever we sell out v Utd its always full of their fans in home ends.

Amazing how when we play them the amount of camera flashes that go off when the teams come out. Its insane, you wont see any for a normal game.

Anyone seen taking photos should be thrown out, if they want a photo they can come back for the next match v Crystal Palace, bet they wont. Really grinds my gears.

Â