Midweek football 9/12 December

andykeenan

I can't see Wenger going for Berbatov. I think (AW) has been around the block enough times to know that Berba isn't going to pull up any trees. 

I reckon if Benteke had kept his early season form he'd have been perfect for Arsenal. 

Long term, yes, but realistically that isn't going to happen in January.  My point is the league title is up for grabs, Arsenal are in the strongest position they have been in for years and Berbatov could join them immediately and add some much needed strength in depth. He is the guy they give a start to when they are at home to a team they know they can beat comfortably or the guy they bring off the bench with half an hour to go if a game is getting away from them. 

Yes bjt don't think Wenger will want him, Benteke yes but his form has been poor  but he would do a lot better in that Arsenal team not having to feed off 50 yard hoofs up the park. He would have the ball played to his feet which he likes and he can hold it up and bring players like Ramsey in... Perfect replacement for Giroud but with pace.. 

Â