Aston Villa fan holds sway on the 5Live 6-0-6 football phone-in

andykeenan

What worries me is that we've looked far worse as a footballing team this half of the season then we did the second half of last season. Even though we're picking up results we managed to do this playing entertaing football the latter half of last season. So why not now? Had a though start? Yes, but we looked at the start of the season, then what we do now. We've even made additions to the squad. I expected us to build from what we were seeing last season, but we have not. Which is something that dissapoints me. It hurts saying this but I'm finding Aston Villa boring to watch these days.

Tut, tut.... It's not an entertainment industry you know. No, apparently if you want to be entertained you have to go to the cinema or sky diving or rat-buggering or something like that.

Your footballing duty in this life is to watch Guzan lump the ball upfield as many times as humanly possible, match after match, until his foot becomes a bloodied, festering stump.

Be told!!!

• Like 1

Is this worth a story in the newspaper? Is it just me?

Why do you have a problem with a fan's view forming the basis of a news story? The club spews out loads of repetitive nonsense every week which is printed in the Mail and we are expected to accept the drivel. Whether a fans opinion on our dire performances are shared by all they are as valid as the spin we get from the club.

Maybe if the Randy Lerner was more forthcoming about the long term ambitions and plans instead of leaving Paul Lambert to carry the can, the fans wouldn't feel such a need to express their heartfelt concerns publicly.

Obviously our "guardian" has forgotten the importance of the fans that he allowed Krulak to babble on about.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

Not sure if anyone else has read about this, but the young lad who had this discussion on the phone-in show was knocked down and killed on Broad Street in the early hours of the morning before the Man U game which he had tickets for. He was a young Irish lad who was over here to study sport, and chose to study in Wolverhampton to be close to the Villa. Very, very sad news.

There appears to be a campaign for a minute silence before the Crystal Palace match.

RIP Jody.

http://www.myoldmansaid.com/jody-oreilly-holte-ender-in-the-sky/

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone else has read about this, but the young lad who had this discussion on the phone-in show was knocked down and killed on Broad Street in the early hours of the morning before the Man U game which he had tickets for. He was a young Irish lad who was over here to study sport, and chose to study in Wolverhampton to be close to the Villa. Very, very sad news.

There appears to be a campaign for a minute silence before the Crystal Palace match.

RIP Jody.

Edited by Ghost_of_Pongo_Waring

RIP Jody.

That is incredibly sad. RIP Jody

I thought the lad who phoned in on this thread was called Josh, not Jody, but could be wrong.

Never the less it seems Jody was a top guy and great Villa fan...only 21,very,very sad.

great sympathy to his family and friends.

I thought the lad who phoned in on this thread was called Josh, not Jody, but could be wrong.

Never the less it seems Jody was a top guy and great Villa fan...only 21,very,very sad.

great sympathy to his family and friends.

Jody is a nickname for Joseph.

Perhaps I'm wrong, the article I read said he'd recently been caller of the day on a phone-in discussing the Villa which reminded me of this thread.

Either way incredibly sad.

Â