Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Somebody else take set-pieces please instead of Westwood. And please do not play bacuna at RB! Not sure whether to drop benteke though. He destroyed smalling in this fixture last season, maybe he can do the same again and get his much needed goal?

• Like 1

Assuming Luna is back I would bring Lowton in at RB and put Bacuna on the wing to replace Weimann.

Move Herd into the DM position and push Westwood and El Ahmadi further up the pitch.

Herd is very physical and good in the air and our midfield is basically midget sized. Given our penchant for hoofing it's criminal how many heading contests we lose in the middle of the pitch.

• Like 2

We'll lose, I'm certain of that. A trip to Villa is always a highlight of United's season anyway but given just how awful we are at home it will be the perfect game for United to stop the rot.

HAHAHAHAHA! Love all these weak defeatest fans saying we might aswell not turn up. You were probaly 'Certain' that we would lose against Arsenal. You were probably 'Certain' we would lose againt Man City. You were probably 'Certain' we would lose against Southampton. Grow some balls, get behind the time and stop throwing hissy fits.
Oh yeah, forgot that predicting your team will lose a match makes you a lesser fan...

Idiot!

As i said, grow some balls, get behind the team and stop throwing hissy fits.
I suggest you read the forum rules, I also suggest you stop making out you are a bigger fan because somebody has a different opinion.

I suggest that i will keep airing my opinion too, as this is a free speech forum. Now i suggest you get behind the team, thankyou, goodnight.

OK, so ISA can't speak his opinion, but you can. How childish of you. Everybody here supports the team, everybody has an opinion, everybody is entitled to their say. You are no bigger or better than the rest of us and quite a few expect a defeat, I suggest you put a stop to the better than you attitude pronto.

• Like 1

We are much better equip to deal with good teams at home than bad ones.  We puts 3 past man City because they defend high enough for us to do some damage.  We are devoid of ideas or room to doing anything against anyone that defends deep.

We are much better equip to deal with good teams at home than bad ones. We puts 3 past man City because they defend high enough for us to do some damage. We are devoid of ideas or room to doing anything against anyone that defends deep.

We do need Vlaar and Luna though, plus Delph will be missed.

Vlaar is doubtful according to Mat Kendrick, so another defence performance like the Chuckle brothers on the horizon.

Yes i think Vlaar will be out for 2 or 3 weeks at least. Baker and Clark back at cb for me is the only choice. Play Herd in a holding midfield role. 

Don't like this if Vlaar is out. I'm assuming Luna will come back as he's said on twitter he should be back if everything goes well. Suffocate the midfield, cover the wings and stop hoofing it up to Benteke are my only hopes.

4-5-1

Guzan

Lowton Clark Baker Luna

Bacuna KEA Westwood Delph Gabby

Benteke

Bacuna and Gabby have to do their jobs and cover the overlaps and then keep their width going forward so it's not too congested over the middle. Benteke has to hold up the ball well and bring the midfielders into play who try to release it wide. Not pretty but the best I think we can do.

No doubt we'll see some asinine 5-3-2 again though.

Assuming Luna is back I would bring Lowton in at RB and put Bacuna on the wing to replace Weimann.

Move Herd into the DM position and push Westwood and El Ahmadi further up the pitch.

Herd is very physical and good in the air and our midfield is basically midget sized. Given our penchant for hoofing it's criminal how many heading contests we lose in the middle of the pitch.

Definitely agree with Herd as DM. But i'd have Bacuna at RB and Lowton at RM as Bacuna better defensively and we're crying out for what Lowton offers offensively.

I don't see Lambert playing the two of them on the right hand side with Weimann available though, no matter how badly he performs.

I'd probably go for 4-1-4-1:

Guzan

Lowton Herd Clark Luna

Sylla

Tonev KEA Westwood Gabby

Kozak

I assume Luna will be fit, if not I'd stick Bacuna at LB. Anybody but Baker actually. Ideally though I hope it doesn't come to that as I think Bacuna could do with a game or two out of the firing line.

I'd give Sylla a go holding as most of United's threat comes through Rooney and Sylla is the only one who might be able to handle him to an extent. I would've dropped Westwood all together if it were not for Delph's suspension to be honest but our CM options are pretty slim.

Weimann should be dropped from the squad. I actually think Bowery would've contributed more this season had he been given a similar amount of gametime, Weimann has been that bad! Tonev and Gabby as more orthodox wingers and Kozak back up front as I have more confidence in him to score a goal at the moment then Benteke.

Would be just like us to put in a good performance here. I don't think we'll win or even draw but we're an inconsistent team.

Inconsistant? Our victories this season is based on luck. Have we even played a good game since April - May ? One decent half against West Brom thats about it. We have been consistantly poor imo. Lambert needs to sort out his tactics.

Would be just like us to put in a good performance here. I don't think we'll win or even draw but we're an inconsistent team.

Inconsistant? Our victories this season is based on luck. Have we even played a good game since April - May ? One decent half against West Brom thats about it. We have been consistantly poor imo. Lambert needs to sort out his tactics.

Agreed, only been some good performances for a half in the odd game. Chelsea away for example.

Pretty worried as I can't see the luck carrying on for much longer.