• Delph
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 45)
    • Lowton (for Herd 81)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 81)

My thoughts:

Ags and Kozak have to be our first choice strikers.

Defence actually came out pretty well.

What midfield? Aside from Delph's first half, Parker, Karagounnis and Sidwell dominated them.

Weimann? Was he playing today?

Two very dodgy penalty decisions, both of which went against us.

Meulensteen got his tactics spot on, Lambert waited too long to change the game (not that he really could).

Really, it seems that Benteke's lack of form and Weimann's lack of everything is slowly strangling this season. I mean, we had three forwards on today, and they lost pretty much all of their battles against Fulham's defense, especially second half. Ags wasn't much better, but he's showing more and working harder than either.

Gabby put in a couple of decent balls and should of had a pen, he was the only attacker out there that looked like he could make something happen so he gets my MOTM.

Thought Herd did well seeing as he was thrown in at the deep end and gave it his all.

Bacuna has been shown to be terrible in the last 4 games, he doesn't read the game well enough and he needs way too much time on the ball.  Guzan looked dodgy despite a couple of great saves.

Overall it was a bad performance but Fulham deserve credit for there performance although the pleb ref was obviously siding with them.  Wonder how much he got off the triads for that performance!!  How is Gabbys not a pen if that joke of decision is in the first half is??  

• Like 2

As bad as we were, it would have been 1-1 if it wasn't for Dean. That was a couple of shameful decisions, and he'd be reffing in the Championship next week if he'd made those calls against one of Sky's Big Four.

• Like 2

Can we replace 'man of the match' with 'who was the least worst'?

yes that is why I voted for gabby. Clark was decent but overall it was poor all over and I was fuming all the time. Mike dean had a terrific game for fulham though, probably MOM overall

As bad as we were, it would have been 1-1 if it wasn't for Dean. That was a couple of shameful decisions, and he'd be reffing in the Championship next week if he'd made those calls against one of Sky's Big Four.

Exactly. Not going to defend the performance but that was shambolic refereeing. Could have been a completely different game.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

The ref was cracking for them.

No one was cracking for us.

:-'(

You've got something on your face...just there...no, there. Ahh it doesn't matter.

Trying to get it

:-d

Got it :-D

Watched every game for the last month or so and this was obviously coming…. Bacuna is no right back (found myself even thinking about Hutton… OMG!). Westwoods set pieces were terrible. El Amhadi and Tonev invisible. Baker gives away too many fouls. Thought considering it was his first game for a year, Herd was great (relatively speaking obviously). Looked more solid than a Clark - Baker partnership. 

Tactically again were were clueless. Hoof ball to Benteke who can't control a hoof ball.

I knew we'd lose this as teams on bad runs always get three points against us. It was just so depressing how easy it was.

I walked out of the pub after they got the penalty, the referee really helped them today and when that happens whats the point?

No-one deserved man of the match for us, everyone played badly. Especially Benteke and Weimann, who both should be dropped next game. Benteke is not going to the world cup in my opinion.

"We go again" to another loss next week against Manure.

The Southampton game was awful too, and we won that one.

We could have won this one if not for Benteke's appalling form and an absolute tool of a referee.

To be fair we were fortunate to only concede two. Yes the Ref was crap but Fulham deserved to win.

Â