• El Ahmadi
    • Delph
    • Benteke
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Tonev (for Al Ahmadi 45)
    • Lowton (for Herd 81)
    • Albrighton (for Weimann 81)

Embarrassing! made to look like a championship side by a team that were heading for the championship. This has been coming as our away record flattered to deceive. Our midfield are absolutely shite. Bacuna is no right back.

Yes the worst i have seen Bacuna play. Maybe time for Lowton to come back. At least his distribution is a 1000 times better.

God knows what formation we were playing. I couldn't work it out. 

Was it 4-3-1-2? 

If it was, Let's never play it again.

Why we stopped playing 4-3-3 with width is beyond me. It's how we were setup towards the end of last season and it appears to be forgotten.

Herd and Bacuna should never play defence again. Westwood should never take a set-piece for us again. I can think of 5 players that should have been substituted before KEA at half-time. Weimann is so bad right now its not even funny. Benteke is not going anywhere in January or next summer, who would want him?

Not gonna vote for MOTM. Over to you Paul!

Piss poor. This wasnt about missing injured players. It was about poor football.

Its probably n hopefully the kick up the arse we needed. Havnt lost many recently n been scraping by. This loss is a wake up call to Lambert. A struggling team like fulham played us off the park.

Mike Dean was shocking too and i do think that we would have took something from that game if it wasn't for that penalty decision. I have no basis for that but just a feeling.

Bring on utd

Utv

Guzan: 4 - Because he made some good stops, but was accountable for the first goal
Bacuna: 0 - Utter dog shite
Herd: 0 - Please never again
Baker: 0 - Awful
Clark: 4 - Only defender who could defend
KEA: 2 - Only because I can't remember what he did
Delph: 2 - Well he tried
Westwood: 0 - Worst game in a Villa shirt
Weimann: Unrratable -  I don't want to see him on the team sheet again
Gabby: 2 - see Delph
Benteke: 0 - he did have two shots but nothing else of note

Subs:
Tonev: 2 - see Gabby
Albrighton and Lowton - too little time to rate.

MOM for us: Helenius
MOM for them: Mike Dean

• Like 1

To be fair Herd won a good few headers but did display that clumsy side that has seen him red carded in the past.

Think it might be time to shift Bacuna from RB for a game or two.

Yes it was a difficult for Herd to come in and play cb against a fulham that were really up for the game and our midfield was woeful today

A stark reminder of how crap we are and how far we've got to go in this re-building process. Second to everything in a very hard working Fulham midfield and we were just never going to be able to deal with a player as good as Berbatov. A really anxious, flappy defence echoed through the team. Depressing. 

• Like 1

Another unbelievably slow, lacklustre, dull, pathetic, boring display from what the manager says is a young and hungry vibrant team. Looked completely devoid of any sort of spirit, gameplan was non existent.

Substitutions? Why wait until the 80th minute to bring another right back on

Hoof ball again, **** it off

weimann - a complete non entity today

I thought we were poor but not quite as bad as people are making out. Two things shaped that game for me: the absence of Vlaar and the ridiculous penalty decisions.

Also, how shit is Niall Quinn as a commentator? Who the **** are Guzman and Wisemann? And what's with the "Scotty" Parker bollocks? **** imbecile.

A real stinker and Fulham played the way in which I want us to play but they had better players than us and were better balanced.

Experience eh, who wants it?

Fulham are also 6 points behind us with a far worse goal difference. They may have been good today but they've been very poor for most of the season and Jol's transfer policy is one of the reasons why they're in this mess. It's better to look at the bigger picture.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3

Ref was awful but we deserved to lose.

One thing that does my brain in is watching Westwood think he's Gerrard with the corners and free kicks every single week. Theyre so ineffective surely if we can all notice it Lambert and the players can too, just take the ball off him.

Was always going to be an uphill struggle with that back 4. Bacuna surely cant continue at RB, Lowton is the much better option. He might cost us a goal or 2 but Bacuna has been at fault for a lot more.

Lucky it was only 2 against the side second bottom, says it all. Thought our front 3 would cause their backline a lot of problems today, but they made Senderos look like Thiago Silva

Â