Who is going down...

tonyh29

I expect Sunderland to stay up, but they have an odd run in. They play almost all the top sides away, but that means most of the lower sides they play are home games. I think they only play at Norwich out of the lower sides they have left, rest are all home. But they have to face 7 of the top 8 away.

One thing I've totally forgotten to factor in is the return of Glenn Murray. Maybe Palaces best player last season, he should be returning from his acl tear soon. Not to be cliched, but it'll be like a new signing. I now think Norwich, Cardiff and either Another non palace club will go down

I reckon before kick off on the last day of the season 8 teams will be scrapping it out to stay up & nobody will actually be definitely relegated already.

This is gonna be one crazy battle for survival & in final reckoning  I'll predict one Welsh team goes down, one London Club goes down & one Midland Club goes down too.

The team finishing safe & above the line in 17th place will do so by virtue of having a one goal better goal difference.

It's gonna be scary!

I reckon before kick off on the last day of the season 8 teams will be scrapping it out to stay up & nobody will actually be definitely relegated already.

This is gonna be one crazy battle for survival & in final reckoning  I'll predict one Welsh team goes down, one London Club goes down & one Midland Club goes down too.

The team finishing safe & above the line in 17th place will do so by virtue of having a one goal better goal difference.

It's gonna be scary!

I really can't see us or Baggies going down this season.  There are at least 5 worse teams than both of us and I fully expect to see us finish comfortably mid table. 

It's gonna be scary!

I really can't see us or Baggies going down this season.  There are at least 5 worse teams than both of us and I fully expect to see us finish comfortably mid table. 

Do not exclude Stoke.

its getting tighter and harder to call, ill go with on current form Fulham, Norwich and one of Stoke, WBA or West Ham. think Solskjaer might have enough to drag Cardiff away

I'm not so sure. He has no experience of Premier League management. For me its Cardiff, Fulham and one other. I did fancy Palace but they are making a good fist of things.

• Like 1

Pulis and Crystal Palace has done pretty well so far but the wheels could come off so they could still be very much in the mix. For me Fulham and Cardiff looks almost dead-cert for relegation and then third one from West Ham, Sunderland, Stoke, WBA, Hull and Palace.

It'd amuse me to see Stoke go gown. The idea of Mark Hughes being relegated twice in a row, a man who declared he'd never get relegated with QPR.

A thing that was written three weeks ago about this: http://www.statsbomb.com/2014/01/english-premier-league-crystal-ball-more-terrible-statistical-predictions-than-you-can-shake-a-stick-at/

Interesting to see, that of all the teams that have pulled away since, it's Norwich. Still amazingly tight though,

Edited by LordSepulchrave

With only 18 points achieved from 22 games for the bottom three clubs I think it may be a bit lower than 40 pts for safety myself.

This always happens though.

Have a look back through previous years and the teams in 17th and 18th always have about 18 or 19 points after 23 games. Then they scrape more points towards the end of the season and a few teams higher up get dragged down.

I think it will be about 39 points for survival as usual.

• Like 1

Â