Who is going down...

tonyh29

I hope we don't get melt with these Boxing day games ! I really hope Vlaar would be back as soon as possible .. After what I saw against Fulham .. I started remembering nightmares from last season ! 

We're playing Utd at the worst time .. Rooney is back .. They need a win .. We're coming from a lose .. Delph is suspended .. Vlaar is doubtful .. I really hope Luna is back too ..

I'm hoping that this won't damage us .. 

Although I know that many teams are in the mixed .. and we're in a quite good position .. But looking at the table again .. and see that we're only two points above the likes of Stoke and Norwich who were looking in horrible position make me think of a lot of ups and downs in the league ..

• Like 1

In Russia, Anzhi.  I didn't realise just how bad it had got for them this season after they sold the team they couldn't afford to keep. From having one of the most expensively assembled squads in world football they are now sitting bottom of the Russian Premier League having not won a game all season (19 matches so far) 

• Like 1

In Russia, Anzhi.  I didn't realise just how bad it had got for them this season after they sold the team they couldn't afford to keep. From having one of the most expensively assembled squads in world football they are now sitting bottom of the Russian Premier League having not won a game all season (19 matches so far) 

Soldado got 3 against them and the media think he is back but never mentioned how bad they are

• 1 month later...

Bump

this is a bit hard to predict isn't it? Usually by now you have a team dead and buried with 1 team near enough nailed on with a couple more who could fill the final spot

after today the bottom 3 are all on 18 points, and all in the bottom 3 by 1 point, and just 6 points away from top half

the only team i would put money on going down at the moment would be west ham

Edited by Jimzk5

Not a clue.

Ideally would love WBA and West Ham to go down, I would say Stoke aswell but it's a local trip so keep them in.

Still think Palace will go down as they still have a tough run in, have to play both Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea all at home still but fair play to Pulis they're having a real go and from what I've seen it's not all horrible long ball.

I do think Sunderland will stay up and Fulham. Cardiff have gone a bit poor so they look in danger.

Palace are going. Not good enough.

Then it's any two from 10 others.

I'd guess...

Norwich

&

Fulham

But it could easily be us and Swansea, or Hull and Cardiff.

Swansea could be dark horses. Having a horrid time with injuries and still in Europa which just **** everyone. Look at Newcastle season to season with/without it! About a 10 place swing.

I dunno about Palace.  I think Pulis knows how to organise a defence, and that's half the battle for the teams at the arse end of the league.  His style of football may be many things, but it's hard to beat.  Now they've pulled out of the relegation zone there's a chance they might not drop back into it.

Trouble is they'll rely on their home form to keep them up, of the 8 left they still have two Manchester clubs, Liverpool and Chelsea still to play so half of their home fixtures they'll probably lose.

Probably need 37-38 points to stay up so 5 wins and couple of draws needed, think they'll run out of games. Holloway messed up some of their easier games before Pulis came in.

Big transfer window for many clubs, ourselves included.

Cardiff, West Ham and Sunderland are still the most likely to go down, although I think Crystal Palace may get relegated if they don't get someone to score them goals.

I think Sunderland will get out of it, they look a much much better team under Poyet.

There is absolutely no chance that we are if we can bring tonights performance for the rest of the season

Agreed, I'm very confident that we will stay up, if we can play like that for most of the season.. 

That's the thing isn't it? We're so unpredictable with our performances.

Hopefully the second half against Arsenal and today's performance against Liverpool are a sign of things to come.

Worth looking at the final day fixtures given it nearly always goes to the final day.

Fulham v Palace immediately stands out as a winner takes all clash. I would suggest if West Ham are in the bottom 3 going into the final day they are relegated as they have Man. City away last day! Cardiff are at home to Chelsea and Norwich home to Arsenal also look difficult if either need something. Sunderland v Swansea aswell.

Â