Weekends football 6/8 December

andykeenan

England would be daft not to build their midfield around Barkley. He's miles ahead of Wilshere imo, and that is despite being younger and missing a season through injury.

Have to agree about Barkley, he's got a lot of things going for him but in particular his awareness of space for his age is fantastic. His strength and the way he can just go past players for fun reminds me a bit of Gazza actually

England would be daft not to build their midfield around Barkley. He's miles ahead of Wilshere imo, and that is despite being younger and missing a season through injury.

Have to agree about Barkley, he's got a lot of things going for him but in particular his awareness of space for his age is fantastic. His strength and the way he can just go past players for fun reminds me a bit of Gazza actually

Martinez agrees with you!

"In Ross Barkley I see bits of Michael Ballack, bits of Gazza," added Martinez, who was relegated as Wigan manager on his last visit to the Emirates Stadium.

"He has great balance with both feet, he's strong, powerful, has awareness and you can compare him against the young Brazilian, Dutch and Spanish players."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25294790

Â