Nelson Mandela Dies 1918- 2013

Voinjama

Now would be a good time for me to get over my anger from the past, if a man can lose 26 years of his freedom simply for fighting for equality and hold no anger that's a lesson for all of us.

RIP Mandela, was excited for the world cup draw tomorrow, but this is much bigger.

Need to get his autobiography asap.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 2

Very sad news, but kind of expected with him being 95, which is pretty remarkable in itself.

Went to SA 3 years ago, and visited Robben Island, and despite me only being 16 and not knowing an awful lot about Mandela, it sent chills down my spine and was truly inspiring. Just to think that he spent 27 years in prison for essentially fighting racism and he was totally cool with it, rejected the idea of any sort of revenge and ended up becoming President of that country.

Sadly, I don't know as much about Mandela and his struggles as much as I should or would like, but I'm sure he will be one of those people who will be taught about in primary/high school history in hundreds of years from now.

A truly amazing person and a sad loss.

• Like 2

Incredible man. To come out of prison after what had happened and show no animosity towards white people was quite incredible. It showed how much of a great man he was.

RIP Nelson Mandela

• Like 1

Â