Platini wants 'sin bin' instead of yellow cards

BOF

I think thats when a sin bin could be effective. Keeper can stay on but one of outfield players goes to the bin for 10 minutes and opposition gets a penalty if in the box plus a man advantage

That's how it's done in ice hockey. There's also a limit of two players in the bin at any time; the later times in the penalty box are queued up.

I agree with Michel that keepers shouldn't be sent off for a foul when they are the last man. The 'professional foul' rule was brought in to combat something entirely different, and is overly punitive towards keepers making honest challenges.

The thing is, it would get abused if keepers weren't sent off for those fouls. Keepers would just start cynically fouling attackers because they won't get a red for it.

Be more leniant? Yeah I can live with that. BUt let them off reds completely for those challenges? No

I don't think keepers would want to give away a penalty though, how much would their behavior change?

I agree with Michel that keepers shouldn't be sent off for a foul when they are the last man. The 'professional foul' rule was brought in to combat something entirely different, and is overly punitive towards keepers making honest challenges.

The thing is, it would get abused if keepers weren't sent off for those fouls. Keepers would just start cynically fouling attackers because they won't get a red for it.

Be more leniant? Yeah I can live with that. BUt let them off reds completely for those challenges? No

I don't think keepers would want to give away a penalty though, how much would their behavior change?

Exactly. It would still be a pk, and keepers wouldn't be trying to concede penalties. If the keepers foul is outside the box, then it should stay a red like it is now. Pretty simple.

Â