Platini wants 'sin bin' instead of yellow cards

BOF

It seems like some people have made their decision based on who is suggesting it rather than the suggestion itself. 

Platini says this: 

"It is an idea. Now it needs to mature and see if it really is good for the game. It is a proposal to be explored."

That means the concerns BOF and others raise will most likely be considered. He also makes Cons point before Con does about the 5 card suspension coming against a different team to the one the fouls were committed against.  

I think it is an option worth looking at. As others have said, the deliberate professional foul really should have a harsher penalty than just a yellow and that is just one obvious aspect that could be improved. 

It could work but it would mean that yellow cards would only be given for something that is a red card offence now. For example a 2 footed challenge. Otherwise like people have said it would mean a lot of sin bins! Soon we may as well pick up the ball and start running with it!

If your goalkeeper got booked, you would have no option but to but an outfielder in goal for the 15 minutes as if you made a sub then after the 15 minutes you would end up with two goalkeepers on the pitch..

It seems like some people have made their decision based on who is suggesting it rather than the suggestion itself. 

Platini says this: 

"It is an idea. Now it needs to mature and see if it really is good for the game. It is a proposal to be explored."

That means the concerns BOF and others raise will most likely be considered. He also makes Cons point before Con does about the 5 card suspension coming against a different team to the one the fouls were committed against.  

I think it is an option worth looking at. As others have said, the deliberate professional foul really should have a harsher penalty than just a yellow and that is just one obvious aspect that could be improved.

Yeah and that's why I said "Maybe this is what Platini wants though. You start off by throwing a crude and rudimentary suggestion out there. You get all of the feedback in, positive and negative, and then the modifications and fine tuning start off the back of that feedback."

Platini is another senile buffoon just like Sepp Blatter spouting nonsense routinely because of his massive ego and love of the sound of his own voice. Sadly for football the people who run the game are a cancer on the game, slowly killing it from the inside. This is just another in a long line of poorly thought out "ideas" to change the game unnecessarily rather than try to tackle the real problems in the game properly, e.g. eliminating diving through the use of video reviews.

It is possible that the proposal will be 'explored' and summarily dismissed as rubbish or too complicated to implement. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that the question is being asked, so long as the asking of it doesn't in any way assume the answer will be yes.

• Like 2

Kind of off topic, but platinis idea of five officials is really smart. Calls in the box are so huge, having a referee just dedicated I each box makes a lot of sense. It's a shame that FIFA won't actually let them do much, but that will come in time.

i dont see what the 5 officials has done, they certainly haven't stopped shirt pulling in the box or been able to spot the ball going over the line when its been travelling at speed

seems to me like they are the same as every ref / lino combo somewhere between inconsistent and inept 

I agree with Michel that keepers shouldn't be sent off for a foul when they are the last man. The 'professional foul' rule was brought in to combat something entirely different, and is overly punitive towards keepers making honest challenges.

• Like 1

i dont see what the 5 officials has done, they certainly haven't stopped shirt pulling in the box or been able to spot the ball going over the line when its been travelling at speed

seems to me like they are the same as every ref / lino combo somewhere between inconsistent and inept

No, it's that FIFA won't allow them to call anything besides whether the ball went over the line. They'd obviously be in better position for the other calls in the box, but currently they aren't allowed to make those decisions.

It's always been crazy to me one referee basically covers the entire field besides offsides, and more eyes should help more then they hurt.

I agree with Michel that keepers shouldn't be sent off for a foul when they are the last man. The 'professional foul' rule was brought in to combat something entirely different, and is overly punitive towards keepers making honest challenges.

The thing is, it would get abused if keepers weren't sent off for those fouls. Keepers would just start cynically fouling attackers because they won't get a red for it.

Be more leniant? Yeah I can live with that. BUt let them off reds completely for those challenges? No

Â