Teams we can realistically finish above....

VillaChris

who are ahead of us in the league.

Obviously Southampton and Newcastle look the prime candidates. Both done well but are now dipping although I wouldn't expect either to plummet down the league.

Spurs had a big result tonight, I reckon they'll go on a run again.

Man. United......surely not?!

who are ahead of us in the league.

Obviously Southampton and Newcastle look the prime candidates. Both done well but are now dipping although I wouldn't expect either to plummet down the league.

Spurs had a big result tonight, I reckon they'll go on a run again.

Man. United......surely not?!

Christ, Newcastle dipping? They'd won 4 in a row before tonight!

Don't think Newcastle are "dipping".

As I said in the match thread, my quiet ambition is for us to replace Southampton as the rising team in the top 9 - made a good start tonight!

However, need to keep quiet about this or will get lots of abuse from people telling me I should be grateful we are tenth.., (it's a "project", don't you know?)

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

As I said in the match thread, my quiet ambition is for us to replace Southampton as the rising team in the top 9 - made a good start tonight!

However, need to keep quiet about this or will get lots of abuse from people telling me I should be grateful we are tenth.., (it's a "project", don't you know?)

God you should be grateful we're 10th.. Some people.. 

;)

I think realistically we can finish 8th, the best of the rest so to speak.

Anything above that is far too ambitious for me. I think 8th is ambitious enough lol

I'm expecting us to compete with Southampton, Newcastle, Swansea & Baggies for the 8th-12th positions.

• Like 2

If we finish top 10, I'd be very pleased because I think that is what out current level is and it shows real progress under Lambert. Each season we should hopefully be aiming to jump up at least a few spots in the table till we are hovering in the 5th-7th zone (assuming our financial backing stays the same). 

• Like 1

If we're top ten at Christmas then we should realistically be looking at seventh or eighth.

Southampton might be having a blip, but it's the barcodes we'll have to worry about. You never know Everton's form might not be sustainable allowing us a place.

I agree that the bottom eight as it stands are poor, i think many of the Championship teams could compete equally with some of those teams.

Because 9th is so much more prestigious than 10th right?

I cannot see any reason why we couldn't finish in the position we're in now, with the possibility of Southampton finishing below us as well, Newcastle is also a possibility depending on who (or if) they have to sell in January etc

Â