Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Sidwell to score a screamer in the 2nd minute, shatter Delph's ankle in the 5th minute; picking up a yellow card in the process.  They'll be all over us until Sidwell gets a second yellow on the 60 minute mark and goes off sparking Lambert to throw on Benteke to replace Kozak who hasn't touched the ball once.

We then proceed to dominate completely and thrash them 1-5.

Fulham 1 - 5 Aston Villa

Sidwell (2)

Luna      (65, 69, 89)

Benteke (75, 81)

Something like that anyway....

Haha at people guessing the possession we will have, 40% for me :P Back to 4-3-3, like suggested above. 

Guzan, Bacuna, Baker, Clark, Luna, Delph, KEA, Westwood, Weimann, Gabby and Kozak, 2-1 Villa, Kozak and Gabby.

Edited by Avflife

I'd bring Benteke back for this one, did show signs yesterday.

If we weren't playing United next, I'd agree, but I think it might be beneficial to keep him on the bench at the weekend and put him back in for the United game absolutely furious with us and ready to stuff Lambert's decision down his throat 

• Like 3

If Vlaar is out, we need to go back to 4 at the back, Lowton can't play in the center. 4-3-3, with Gabby, Weimann and Kozak up top putting pressure on their defense and forcing them into mistakes. Run their old men ragged all game and then bring Benteke on in the 60th minute when they're dead on their feet to destroy them.

• Like 1

Some say that basing tactics on the other team is wrong, you should decide your best game and play it. Good theory, employed by dynamic power house clubs that would win most of the time no matter what because of an abundance of talent, and clubs that lose a lot.

Fulham have a choice. Attack at home, or try to stop the bleeding by settling for a boring draw after a really bad run and instill a bit of confidence that "we can get something from the game." The first may be attractive to the new manager, but I think after wednesday they will realized the latter is their better option

So, they'll drop back and defend and make us beat them with precision and ball movement rather than on a break.

Given that. We should go back to 4-3-3

Guzan

Bacuna vlaar clark. Luna. ( baker if vlaar not ready)

KEA. Westy Delph

Albrighton kozak gabby

Weimann for albrighton makes sense, but i would give marc a shot playing more as a wing and putting in crosses for kozak at near post and gabby making far post run. Whether PL goes with weimann or albrighton look for the other to sub on with benteke at about 60 minutes.

Win for us, but final score depends on when we get the first. If we get it early 3-0 final. If we get it late, 2-0

We haven't had back to back wins in the league this season but I think we'll put an end to that record this weekend.

Kozak had a difficult game yesterday but he did score so you can't really complain that much - it's not like he had much service.

I would put Lowton in and put Bacuna further up because I think Bacuna is too easy to play against at right back - Southampton obviously targeted him in the first half. It's also an opportunity for Lowton to get his place back - tell him to play like he did at the back end of last season and then Lambert won't be able to put him on the bench again - competition for places!

No need to change the midfield trio and then we've got great cover in Weimann and Benteke to come off the bench if things aren't going our way. This is the team I would probably go with if Vlaar is still out.

Guzan

Lowton         Clark        Baker         Luna

Westwood    KEA     Delph

Bacuna                                       Agbonlahor

Kozak 

Edited by bose

We haven't had back to back wins in the league this season but I think we'll put an end to that record this weekend.

Kozak had a difficult game yesterday but he did score so you can't really complain that much - it's not like he had much service.

I would put Lowton in and put Bacuna further up because I think Bacuna is too easy to play against at right back - Southampton obviously targeted him in the first half. It's also an opportunity for Lowton to get his place back - tell him to play like he did at the back end of last season and then Lambert won't be able to put him on the bench again - competition for places!

No need to change the midfield trio and then we've got great cover in Weimann and Benteke to come off the bench if things aren't going our way. This is the team I would probably go with if Vlaar is still out.

Guzan

Lowton         Clark        Baker         Luna

Westwood    KEA     Delph

Bacuna                                       Agbonlahor

Kozak 

Completely disagree about Bacuna I'm afraid. I think Southampton got nothing from that side because Bacuna being so physical and fast, no-one can ever beat him at RB. The only time anyone ever gets past him is when they bypass him through passing around him. He's a far better defender than Lowton, but Lowton's crosses are deadly. I'd swap them around on your line up.

• Like 1

I think we'll win this. I think we've a better chance against Meulensteen than we did against Jol because Jol's team was petrified. They would have sat back and we'd have struggled. This Fulham, at home, with a new manager will come at us more.

Mr-Burns-Saying-Excellent.gif