• Agbonlahor
    • Kozak
    • Delph
    • Lowton (On for Vlaar 45)
    • Benteke (on for Kozak 66)
    • Weimann (on for El Ahmadi 86)

27% possession

3 shots on target

not great to watch and completely outplayed, luckily we outscored them which is the name of the game

need to sort ourselves out though, relying on 30 yarders from midfielders each week probably wont be a good long term tactic

well done though 98 minutes plus of pain for 3 points.

great result, awful performance, only one of them is important...

gabby my motm, looked at times like the only one keen to hold on to it, losing vlaar made a huge difference, clark played well but lowton in there was a mess

Houghton must be red raw at the moment, wanked himself silly over them, they were great with the ball but didn't have that much of a cutting edge, thought both of their goals would have been defended better with vlaar on the pitch

would guess that their forums will be full of moaning about the ref, and they'd be wrong, guzan wasn't outside of the box, it wasn't a pen (neither was ours) and andi was only a yellow

I few quite bad performances, but I suppose the positives are;

Gabby scoring! :D

Kozak scoring again :D

Delph scoring! :D

Benteke looking good when he came on :D

Clarke/Vlaar played well! :D

Bad points;

Bacuna was raped :(

Luna got raped :( 

our midfield was very easily by passed :( 

Baker played miserably :( 

Good win but we play horrible football.

I feel that without better players at his disposal, it's probably the most effective way to pick up points.  And it's working, but it's not pretty.

I don't think the plan was to have so little possession, and put ourselves under pressure but the gameplan was clear from the get go.

Chuffed to fook with the result.

Had Vlaar not got injured I think that would have looked a bit more comfortable than it turned out in the end. 

Have to credit Lambert for the smash and grab, and just some proper clinical stuff from us on the break. We will play better football with time, but I think Lambert's priority is to make sure we're well away from the wrong end of the table as soon as possible. Then we can have a look at playing nicer football, maybe promoting some from the u21s...

We weren't shit, we executed the game plan that Lambert wanted to, won the game against a team that has been better than us this season in terms of performances, and "high flying Southampton" are now just 3 points ahead.

Although some expansive football would be nice, winning is good enough for now.

• Like 3

Believe it or not, we looked more than comfortable dealing with their attacks in the first half, Southampton are so dull and predictable in their attacking play, they literally had no plan 'B'.

Had the result not gone our way, question marks over the non-penalty on Benteke and where 5 minutes (that turned into nearly 8 minutes) of extra time came from.

Wanyama was a huge loss for them at half time, Jack Cork was abysmal when he came on... Really let us back into the midfield. But Vlaar was a massive loss for us as well.

It wasn't pretty, but Lambert knew exactly what he was doing and took all 3 points home from a difficult game. Massive credit due. He made bold decisions and deserves to be congratulated.

Delph's goal was phenomenal. Glad to see Gabby score again - really think he can make 100 Premiership goals before he retires. Clark played well too.

Worried about Vlaar. We can NOT afford to lose him over Christmas again! He has been a rock this season. I doubt we concede either goal with him in the box.

Â