• El Ahmadi
    • Westwood
    • Agbonlahor
    • Kozak
    • Delph
    • Lowton (On for Vlaar 45)
    • Benteke (on for Kozak 66)
    • Weimann (on for El Ahmadi 86)

I noticed in the match thread people were saying "**** you Houghton". What was all that about?

I don't suppose he was any harder on us than our own fans ;)  but he was saying stuff like "How are Villa winning this game?" and once Soton brought it back to 2-2 he was all "It's clear there's only going to be one winner in this game" (he meant them). Kept banging on about how they should have gotten a penalty for Lowton's little tap on Osvaldo in the box but obviously we didn't deserve one for Benteke getting sandwiched by two defenders. In fact, when that happened, Houghton said "He's clearly just run straight into them," and I was screaming at the TV "YEAH BECAUSE THEY CLEARLY BLOCKED HIM OFF." Anywhere else on the pitch, that's a foul.

Anyway. He was just clearly biased against us and very, very annoying to listen to for the whole game.

Very concerning that a team like Southampton (as good as they are) can walk over us so easy. It was embarrassing watching it on the tele.

Its surprising that we are now only 3 points behind Southampton in the league; but actually on the pitch were a million miles behind.

The lads did fantastic to get the points; cant take it away from them; but the game just proves we are only getting further and further away from the top half of the league.

We are the new Stoke. Hold on for dear life. Hit the ball long every opportunity. Hope something comes of it.

Like I said though; great to get the three points; cant take it away from them especially when we wasn't expecting to get anything.

What sort of logic is this? This game 'proved that we're moving further and further away from the top half', yet we went 10th with the win?

Completely and utterly bizarre.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Very concerning that a team like Southampton (as good as they are) can walk over us so easy. It was embarrassing watching it on the tele.

Its surprising that we are now only 3 points behind Southampton in the league; but actually on the pitch were a million miles behind.

The lads did fantastic to get the points; cant take it away from them; but the game just proves we are only getting further and further away from the top half of the league.

We are the new Stoke. Hold on for dear life. Hit the ball long every opportunity. Hope something comes of it.

Like I said though; great to get the three points; cant take it away from them especially when we wasn't expecting to get anything.

What sort of logic is this? This game 'proved that we're moving further and further away from the top half', yet we went 10th with the win?

Completely and utterly bizarre.

Can see to a degree where adamrob69 is coming from, we were after Southampton made it 2-2 just playing the ball long assuming Benteke would win the flick-ons allowing Gabby a chance at goal, no doubt it was working about 2/10 when Gabby was caught offside, but 8/10 it didn't and was making us look like the 'new Stoke' as some people are putting it on here. We need a number 10 in January. 

We won the battle but not the war as far as I'm

Concerned.

I'm delighted we won the same as anybody but there is no future in long balls and 23% possession. Southampton are on the right tracks to becoming a decent team, not sure what our long term plans are.

Â