*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

Taken out of it by the zombies that tore her apart?

Those zombie take her to a more comfortable location to eat her then as opposed to what they usually do and rip them apart on site? Its obvious either way they wanted to keep you guessing either that or a baby being eaten was just far too grim for tv.

Decapitating a pensioner was fine though :D

Edited by AshVilla

• 2 months later...

Surely this is getting cancelled soon, its getting worse?

Characters are boring, acting is bad, effects are good but they seem so impressed with themselves that every kill is shown in massive detail...

There is no atmosphere, which i don’t think is helped by only filming on one street.

Poor characters doing stupid things every week to create unnecessary tension is getting tiresome.

• Like 1

Surely this is getting cancelled soon, its getting worse?

Characters are boring, acting is bad, effects are good but they seem so impressed with themselves that every kill is shown in massive detail...

There is no atmosphere, which i don’t think is helped by only filming on one street.

Poor characters doing stupid things every week to create unnecessary tension is getting tiresome.

Braaaaaiiins!

The Walking Dead has always veered from excellent to poor, reading some of the forums over the last 2 episodes I was beginning to think I was missing something as there were people saying how good it was.........You do need contrast but after the first few episodes this series has been a letdown.

I am sure it will get renewed but unless it picks up I would expect viewing figures to drop.

• 1 year later...

the-walking-dead-zombie.jpgThreadNecro.jpg

And with that out of the way.  I figured it's safer and more appropriate to talk about TWD in here where people up to date can talk about the show without ruining it for those who want to read the generic TV programme thread and not have it ruined.

Well, they really shot their bolt in episode 9.  After sod all happening in 8 episodes they go and do that?  No way they'll keep that up, but it was fun regardless.

The thing I like about walking dead is no one is safe, they can take out anyone any time. The part where Negans warriors got bazooka'ed by Daryl was excellent.

I think the big question will be will Negan take out Glenn like the comics?? As the director has not used everything from the comics (Rick should have lost his arm by guv'nor but producer felt this wouldnt help the TV show and I agree)

56 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

viewing figure must have took a nosedive so they had to do something :D

I was seriously contemplating just dropping it too.  Nothing was happening.  In a way it's lucky it came back while I was only watching one other thing.  Californication.

Same here. Although I've been that way since the first season. I got suckered in by hearing about how "amazing" this latest episode was, though. That and the fact that I was bored and I'm not watching anything else at the moment.

If people are wondering if the next 4/5 episodes will be as good as the last one, then no, of course they won't. If they're concerned about where the story is going to go from here until the proper introduction of the Saviors, well, as I said in the TV thread there is Jesus to come, the Wolves are still out there, and Dwight is still running around with Daryl's crossbow and bike somewhere...but yeah, we'll have to be put up with the boring rebuild/recovery/mental anguish stuff too.

Re: the ratings, they've dropped a little, but they're still consistanly good considering.

And if we can talk comics in this thread too, I was pretty disappointed by 150, going in to it expecting something massive and...well, it was a bit of an anti climax.

Well I'll happily hide any specific comic spoilers if I did want to post about something that's going on or happened in them.

Couple of other things seeing as this has been bumped;

Fear the Walking Dead spinoff Flight 462 can now be viewed in the UK on AMCs UK site. Episodes 1-8 available now, with another one every week for the next eight weeks, until the second series of FTWD starts. Some of the survivors of this mini series will be in the series proper. What did everyone think of FTWD by the way? It filled the gap, but was quite the slow burner.

Telltale's Michonne centric spin off of their own TWD game is out next week, it acts as a prequel to Michonne's story, where she meets some of the characters from the rest of the Telltale TWD universe. Begs the question, will Telltale TWD season 3 feature more established comic book characters?

21 minutes ago, hogso said:

Well I'll happily hide any specific comic spoilers if I did want to post about something that's going on or happened in them.

Couple of other things seeing as this has been bumped;

Fear the Walking Dead spinoff Flight 462 can now be viewed in the UK on AMCs UK site. Episodes 1-8 available now, with another one every week for the next eight weeks, until the second series of FTWD starts. Some of the survivors of this mini series will be in the series proper. What did everyone think of FTWD by the way? It filled the gap, but was quite the slow burner.

Telltale's Michonne centric spin off of their own TWD game is out next week, it acts as a prequel to Michonne's story, where she meets some of the characters from the rest of the Telltale TWD universe. Begs the question, will Telltale TWD season 3 feature more established comic book characters?

I thought fear the walking dead was meh. Had to be slow but we still dont know how this virus started. Will that ever be answered?

Does anyone think they might be  a crossover between both? that would be  a good little twist.

Also to your earlier point i dont think the wolves will be visited again. I think the saviors will be next. Can see this dragging for a couple more seasons before they end it..

Yeah, it wouldn't be too surprising to see no more of the wolves. Rick doesn't want to pursue revenge for fear of more deaths, etc., they could also have the Saviors wipe them out to show their brutality. 

what would be cool is if they mix in a lil twist and have the saviours go after the wolves and there be alliance between ricks group and the wolves against the saviours

one charchter i wish they never killed off was Tyrese really liked him. Also thought Daryl's brother was a very badass charchter

Edited by Demitri_C

I watched one episode of FTWD.  At the time I just didn't want to bother having to learn and like/dislike a whole other set of characters so I left it.  Figured it doesn't add much to the main series and have heard nothing to the contrary from anywho who did bother.

• Like 1

Â