*spoilers* The Walking Dead *spoilers*

dont_do_it_doug.

26 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

This show needs to be put out of its misery. Utterly shite, I fell asleep twice watching it last night and still don't know how it ended. Is that stupid King dead now then? If so, good. What a shite character. 

Completely agree. Just really feels like it needs to be put down. It's so tired now. 

I can't even remember who Heath is.

One of the things that really irritates me about TWD, is how each episode seems to have a good few minutes of nothingness. 30 second shots of birds in the sky... 20 seconds of a character thinking deeply... a minute of someone sitting in a field.... I swear if I binge watched the last few series back-to-front, without adverts, it would be like watching a David Attenborough documentary. They might call it 'art' but I call it shite.

• Like 1

The last 2 episodes have certainly been better than the first 3. The challenge they have had is stretching about 8 hours of events across 5 episodes. Hopefully it will start to pickup again now.

Also, really need to give a bit more detail on the significance of the helicopter(s).

Some of that latest episode was terrible. Really, really awful. The Rick / Daryl fight was horrific. As far as the helicopter goes, I would hope that that is kept on the back burner for a long time, maybe put in some other tidbits every now and again...those who follow the comics will know something 'big' is coming in the new year, maybe they're planting the seeds for that now in the TV show.

I will be honest, I was never the biggest fan but there was an interesting story and as the wife enjoyed it I didnt mind watching it too, however the last 2-3 series has not been anywhere near the standard it set earlier. We know that they are following the rules of building up to cliffhanger for the midseason break and then start again in the new year only it appears this half season is going to be based over a couple of days not weeks or months and that is just to slow and requires to much padding out

The writing is very patchy, there is very little difference now between Rick or Negan they both want their group to be the masters, I suppose Negan does it with a little more style.

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

I love coming in here and reading the disappointment :lol: How you've kept coming back to the well after season 6 I don't know.

Same. Stopping watching was a fantastic decision. I gave it time and it didn't get any better. It doesn't sound like it's going to either.

I enjoy(ed) the comics and when you've already invested this much time in the series you might as well see it through.

It's 45 mins a week, I can spare that considering how much time I've invested in Aston Villa over the years and with the last 6 years or so being absolute shite with little or no entertainment value.

TWD is still OK-ish compared to most shows that are allowed to live that long.

34 minutes ago, BOF said:

I love coming in here and reading the disappointment :lol: How you've kept coming back to the well after season 6 I don't know.

I initially kept watching, in the hope that I would eventually see Kaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllll get eaten. It ain't happening though, and as I missed last night's episode, I'm happy to call it a day. I'll keep coming back here to check to see if he's been eaten yet, but I imagine I'll be disappointed.

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I initially kept watching, in the hope that I would eventually see Kaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllll get eaten. It ain't happening though, and as I missed last night's episode, I'm happy to call it a day. I'll keep coming back here to check to see if he's been eaten yet, but I imagine I'll be disappointed.

He did get part of his head shot off so that must count for something?

1 hour ago, BOF said:

This should be good news for U :D 

AMC Believes 'The Walking Dead' Could Run For '30, 40, 50' Years

walking-dead-season-six2.jpg?width=960AMC

The Walking Dead

AMC appears to be trying to push back on the narrative that the success of The Walking Dead may be faltering after its lowest-rated season premiere since season 3 and the following week’s lowest rated episode On a recent call with Wall Street analysts, AMC CEO Josh Sapan was brimming with confidence in the long-term future of the series 

“The use of the word ‘franchise,’ we don’t take lightly,” Sapan said. “It’s not a sloppy or casual word. We’ve studied the best. Some have been around 30, 40, 50 years. We have a chance for a lot of life in the franchise.”

AMC has talked openly about The Walking Dead possibly making it to season 20, but as a follow-up to these comments AMC reps seemed to want to make clear that Sapan was referring to the “franchise” of The Walking Dead, not just the current flagship show airing Sundays.

It’s clear how AMC views The Walking Dead, not just as a singular show but as a media property that continues to echo throughout time like Star Wars or Harry Potter or Game of Thrones, as HBO starts to pump out spin-offs for that show. In that sense, AMC is already out ahead of Thrones with one Walking Dead spin-off already in existence, Fear the Walking Dead, which as I’ve noted a few times, is actually a more enjoyable watch than the original series, at least in the past year.

fear-bunker5.jpg?width=960AMC

Fear the Walking Dead

What I’ve also said is that Fear the Walking Dead is probably not going to be the last Walking Dead spin-off AMC produces, and if they have visions of a decades-long franchise, that almost has to be true. So, are Dawn of the Walking Dead, War of the Walking Dead and Planet of the Walking Dead still to come? Possibly, sure.

The Walking Dead is in a pretty unique situation where the possibilities for spin-offs or crossovers or combinations is almost limitless. Fear the Walking Dead could end its run by merging with The Walking Dead proper. The Walking Dead could kill off half its cast and have the rest go start a new show. AMC could set a show anywhere in the world during the zombie apocalypse with a spin-off, theoretically, and reused or not reuse cast members how they see fit. The building blocks of “The Walking Dead Universe” are already in place, even if we may not be able to see the full picture as of yet.

The Walking Dead is in a weird place right now. Ratings are falling, sharply. There’s no denying that, and even if it is season eight and there are a lot of other factors at play, I’m not sure AMC cranking out a few more spin-offs would do much to change this trajectory.

With that said, The Walking Dead was so popular before, that even losing 30-50% of its audience, it’s still the biggest show on Sundays by a mile, and AMC’s biggest franchise with TWD and FTWDits two most-viewed shows. It’s essentially the Call of Duty of TV. Complain about it all you want, but even through recent declines, it’s still popular and a moneymaker.

dead-old-rick1.jpg?width=960AMC

The Walking Dead

We are probably destined for at least 4-5 more years of The Walking Dead proper at minimum, if not more than that. I’m not sure which cast members will be sticking around that long, as lately it seems like star Andrew Lincoln might be itching to leave, but I am curious about AMC’s long-term vision for the franchise. Will they just keep propping up the original by pumping new characters into it and following the breadcrumbs of the comic? Or is there going to be a web of spin-offs that carry the series forward as the original goes away, Law and Order style?

There is a bit of a disconnect between The Walking Dead’s rapidly falling ratings and this talk of it being a 50 year franchise, but what’s clear is that AMC still loves the show, and is going to continue to support its and all its children for a very, very long time to come.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/11/03/amc-believes-the-walking-dead-could-run-for-30-40-50-years/#35ebad0e6939

• Haha 1

Kinda liked this episode.

It was slow and very much a middle of the season episode. Not much happened.

Still I sorta liked it :wacko: . Yes it's not fantastic by any standards, but considering how the series is going it wasn't bad.

Spoiler

The guy being disintegrated by the RGP was kinda silly thou :crylaugh: 

Spoiler

Jadis and the "Heapsters" looking more and more like the future "Whisperers" 

Even have a really, really tall guy fitting the Beta mold.

Was my immediate thought when they appeared in the show (as I'm sure was the plan by the show runners) and for now I'm sticking with it.

Sure they will be killed off next episode now :D 

I'm still enjoying this show, but they need to trim some of the fat off of the "main" cast this season. There's just too much to get through for a show that is supposed to be quite apocalyptic.

They also need to bring in some sort of military presence to add a bit of a different threat for the survivors.

Â