Fulham and Martin Jol

One For The Road

I think on the whole he did well at Spurs but it was a bit like MON with us....his glass level was 5th in the league and tactically he wasn't a match for the best ones.

He did fine at Hamburg didn't he, less so at Ajax and I'd say he did reasonably well at Fulham, first two seasons he kept them up with the minimum of fuss but yep this year looks a season too far for most of the squad.

He's bought some awfully average players into that club and i dont think hes as good as some suggest. I would question anyone who thinks building a team with the likes of bent, berbatov and taarabt is a good idea probably the 3 laziest players in the league. 

I suppose being  a modern day football manager  to be in charge for 2 and a half years he should have got a long service medal.  Although it is a nice ground, it is about time Fulham got relegated. They have been punching waay above their weight for over a decade. Most of Fulham's supporters are people living in west london who want to see Premier League matches on the cheap, or the opposition.  Dave Jones  has also  been sacked for getting Wednesday up and keeping them up last year with no money.

I wonder what the plan is now for them as a club in the long term.

As an identity they seem to have the "retirement home" tag due to the old players they have.

Is it something they will continue to do or maybe the new owner has different ideas.. interesting to see what happens.

The name "Craven Cottage" doesn't help either.

• Like 2

It's incredible since Fulham have been up the different types of managers they've hand and different types of squads and yet season in season out they remain terrible away.

They've been up since 2001 and never won at villa park and I also believe they've lost every single game at Goodison Park they've played in the premier league!

Their home form has always kept them up but that's declined now so that's why they're in the bottom 3.

Al Fayad before he left seem to have pulled the plug regarding transfers and was looking to recoup some of the money he had spent which is fair enough and could be the reason why they are where they are.

But sacking Jol and bringing in Meluensteen does not seem like the right move at all. For as good as he is a coach, there seems to be real doubt he has the personality to succeed as a manager and they really could do without an inexperienced novice in managerial terms, trying to keep them up.

Â